"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #601
Chef Extraordinaire

We saw National Treasure - Book of Secrets over the holiday break. Pretty unbelievable in some parts, but if you can suspend disbelief, it was entertaining.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:51 PM   #602
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
DH is *constantly* quoting from that movie!! It is a good one, but geeze, to remember entire speeches after 20 years? I do love the parade scene, though
You're not alone! I get to listen to reenactments of Forrest Gump all the time from James!

Barbara

Old 01-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #603
Executive Chef

Spirited Away, which we own and have seen dozens of time but it's such a wonderful movie.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #604
Sous Chef

Just got back from Cloverfield. I haven't experienced a movie that intense in a very long time.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #605
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninga75 View Post
Just got back from Cloverfield. I haven't experienced a movie that intense in a very long time.
I just read about that movie yesterday or the day before. I can't wait til it hits Netflix. Sounds really good and unique.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #606
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I just read about that movie yesterday or the day before. I can't wait til it hits Netflix. Sounds really good and unique.
You know, I was just going to wait for it to come out on Netflix too, but my friend talked me into seeing it. In all honestly, I don't think it will be the same on a TV. There were a couple parts that you just had to see on the big screen. My friend was laughing at me when one part made me say "holy s***!" outloud. I screamed at another lol. I never jump or say anything like that during movies. I'm usually making fun of him for jumping at the littlest things.

Maybe wait until it gets do a "dollar" movie theatre if you have one in your area if you don't want to pay full price. Matinee here is 7$. Our cheap theatre is 3$. I remember when a "dollar" movie theatre was actually 1$ lol.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:06 PM   #607
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm a hermit. I'll get it on Netflix Heck, I couldn't even drag myself into the grocery store today and now I've got four hamburger patties thawed and no bread or rolls Nor enough lettuce to make tacos
Maybe I'll have my new widescreen TV by then anyway
Old 01-19-2008, 06:17 PM   #608
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I'm a hermit. I'll get it on Netflix Heck, I couldn't even drag myself into the grocery store today and now I've got four hamburger patties thawed and no bread or rolls Nor enough lettuce to make tacos
Maybe I'll have my new widescreen TV by then anyway
Lol! I'm usually a hermit too, but my friend has just started the process of a divorce so I like to get him out every now and then.

Ok, sorry to stray from the subject... about to watch The Last King of Scotland.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #609
Head Chef

We watched "Talk to Me" with Don Cheatle last night and tonight we are watching "Away from Her"
we had plans to go out to the movies tonight but it is too cold, a dvd by the fire sounded much better.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:26 PM   #610
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninga75 View Post
.... but my friend has just started the process of a divorce so I like to get him out every now and then......
hmmm
Usually the first process of a divorce is going to a movie with someone of the opposite sex
Just joking. I haven't decided which movie I'm going to watch tonight yet..... but I did decide on Shepherd's Pie I've got everything for that!

« Let's Talk TV | - »