What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just watched a Ben Affleck movie, Hypnotic, on DVD. Billed as a mystery action thriller, it has it all. Plot and twists, action with chase scenes and a touch of futuristic fears. All in all, entertaining.

Oscar candidated Napoleon - Another great Ridley Scott movie, I'm not surprised it's been candidated for best scenography, costumes and special effects! Wow, must have cost a fortune!

Oscar candidated Napoleon - Another great Ridley Scott movie, I'm not surprised it's been candidated for best scenography, costumes and special effects! Wow, must have cost a fortune!
We watched that last night. I enjoyed it but it really wasn't what I had hoped it would be.

Over the weekend, we watched the Netflix limited series, Safe. 10 episodes, each about 50 minutes long. It is a mystery and stars Michael C. Hall as doctor and recently widowed father of 2 young girls. As they struggle with their loss and dad struggles to connect with his girls, the older of the 2, 16-YO Jenny goes missing. And things just go from bad to worse, as dad and other search for Jenny.

All in all, it is an entertaining and gripping story. The first 2 move a tad slow, but from there, it really takes off. Lots of moving parts and stories. We enjoyed it.

Watched "Dune 2" last night. Right up my alley, a little long toothed in the middle but overall, an 8 out of 10. What were they think using Christopher Walken in that part, I just had to giggle a bit, he seemed totally miscast for the part. A damn good job using CGI when compared to Aquaman as an example, which was just hard to watch and never finished it and that movie gets tossed in the bin, lol.

Last edited:
When Worlds Collide (1951). Of course, I'd seen it before, but not for decades. The science in this sci-fi classic is laughably dated, and most of the effects are less than special. This was, after all, 73 years ago. But it's well written and directed and not at all a bad way to pass an hour and a half. Available on Amazon Prime Video.

Back
Top Bottom