"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-16-2015, 04:49 PM   #6481
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
We went and saw "Jupiter Ascending" over the weekend. While the critics seemed to hate it, I didn't think it was that bad. The sets (mostly CGI, I'm sure) were very artistically done. And while the chemistry between Mila Kunis and that Tater Channing (Channing Tater, I forget which) wasn't great, I still thought it was a fun movie. The 3D was also done in such a way that it helped with the immersion aspect, without being a distraction as in some films. Within 5 minutes I even forgot I had the glasses on. I think that technology has come a long way over the past couple years, or at least it doesn't give me headaches like it used to.
If the critics pan something it usually means I'll enjoy it.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:01 PM   #6482
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I really hope you like "Into the Woods" MC. I thought it was a delightful afternoon away from reality. Not a flick for everyone, but money well spent in my opinion.
Sigh, just lovely.
I loved it. As I say, I have simple tastes.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:46 AM   #6483
Master Chef

Finally got around to that third movie we had. Thankfully, the library lets us renew it for a second week if there isn't anyone waiting for a copy. Therefore, we saved it for tonight, since we aren't award show watchers. Watched "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". Funny, touching, sad...it had all the emotions riding a roller coaster. Very good.

"Red 2" is waiting for us now. I'll swap it for the ones we have at home and see how long it takes before we get to see it.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #6484
Head Chef

Last one I saw was 'Seven Psychopaths.' Funny and good. Brought to us by the Director of 'In Bruges,' which I also thought was funny and good.

I've only seen one Oscar nominee -- 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' -- funny and good, imho.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:48 AM   #6485
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Finally got around to that third movie we had. Thankfully, the library lets us renew it for a second week if there isn't anyone waiting for a copy. Therefore, we saved it for tonight, since we aren't award show watchers. Watched "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". Funny, touching, sad...it had all the emotions riding a roller coaster. Very good.

"Red 2" is waiting for us now. I'll swap it for the ones we have at home and see how long it takes before we get to see it.
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is a great movie and now they are coming out with The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel this year. It still has Judi Dench and Maggie Smith in it.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #6486
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is a great movie and now they are coming out with The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel this year. It still has Judi Dench and Maggie Smith in it.
AND Richard Gere......I can hardly wait!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:03 PM   #6487
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I'm really looking forward to the sequel! I really enjoyed the first!
Old 02-25-2015, 06:34 AM   #6488
Senior Cook

My cousin and I got dragged to 50 shades of grey by our wives. It was so boring.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:35 PM   #6489
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

Going to see the sequel to "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" on Tuesday. I didn't see the first but I'm told it won't spoil the second one
Old 02-25-2015, 04:36 PM   #6490
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Jon View Post
My cousin and I got dragged to 50 shades of grey by our wives. It was so boring.
Yes, a friend who read the book said that was too.