"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #661
Head Chef

We saw Atonement today on the matinee. This was OK, didn't really meet my expectations (I came loaded with Kleenex and didn't use any). Our plan is to see every movie nominated for the Oscar for best picture before the awards show.

Last night we watched Eastern Promises and I thought it was very well done.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #662
Executive Chef

We watched Eastern Promises pretty recently. Viggo did an incredible job, I thought. I think he's a good actor.

I watched Madame Hotchkiss' school of ballroom dance and charm (I think that's what it's called. Such a long title). It was a sweet movie. Liked the actor in it.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #663
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I am showing James "The Russell Girl." Sheesh, I was already crying before it was 5 minutes into the movie (just remembering what was going to happen). I fully expect James will be crying by at least the last half hour. Shhhhh! Don't tell him I said that! LOL

Barbara
Old 02-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #664
Master Chef

We watched Epic movie last night.... it was Epic alright... an epic loser.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #665
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I am showing James "The Russell Girl." Sheesh, I was already crying before it was 5 minutes into the movie (just remembering what was going to happen). I fully expect James will be crying by at least the last half hour. Shhhhh! Don't tell him I said that! LOL

Barbara
I wanted to watch that, dh won't. Not his kind of thing
Old 02-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #666
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
I wanted to watch that, dh won't. Not his kind of thing
You should still see it! I recorded it, but it is now available at Hallmark stores if you weren't able to record it. If you see it, let me know how you liked it.

Barbara
Old 02-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #667
Master Chef

Cool, I will!!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #668
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_T View Post
I watched Sideways on DVD last night. I really enjoyed it and thought it was an excellent story, a little sad, depening on how you interpret the ending it could be a happy or sad conclusion. I would definatly recommend it.

Amazon.com: Sideways (Widescreen Edition): Movies & TV: Paul Giamatti,Thomas Haden Church,Virginia Madsen,Sandra Oh,Marylouise Burke,Jessica Hecht,Missy Doty,M.C. Gainey,Alysia Reiner,Shake Tukhmanyan,Shaun Duke,Robert Covarrubias,Patrick Gallagher,S
Sideways has been one of my favorite movies for a long time. I love the acting, the story and the ending. I don't think I can ever look at a bottle of Merlot wine the same way again. LOL
Old 02-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #669
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaQueen View Post
Sideways has been one of my favorite movies for a long time. I love the acting, the story and the ending. I don't think I can ever look at a bottle of Merlot wine the same way again. LOL

Yeah it's all about Pinot isn't it!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #670
Cook

I had a free afternoon today so I went for a double showing at the Movies. I saw Cloverfield followed by No Country For Old Men. Enjoyed both, the later the most, the character Anton Chigurh is brilliant. I actually found Cloverfield to be quite funny. The dialog from the character that does nearly all the filming really made me laugh.