"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-11-2016, 11:52 AM   #6771
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Michael Punke, who wrote the book, is from Torrington, WY. I work in Torrington.
PF, have you read the book? I bet I'd like it a lot as my favorite reading is Historical Drama based on fact. I really hope you see this movie in a theater as the sound and cinematography are stunning!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:10 PM   #6772
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
PF, have you read the book? I bet I'd like it a lot as my favorite reading is Historical Drama based on fact. I really hope you see this movie in a theater as the sound and cinematography are stunning!
I've ordered the book, awaiting it's arrival.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #6773
Master Chef

Awesome film, The Revenant.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:58 PM   #6774
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We went to the Sunday matinee to see the new Star Wars in 3D. We're probably the last two people anywhere who hadn't seen it yet, other than the other 20 people that were there, so maybe 22 of us hadn't seen it. I loved it! DH found it somewhat boring, which I don't quite understand. I'd seen the original first four, but missed all the more recent prequels.

The Revenant is next on the list.
Star Wars doesn't appeal to me. I saw the first one but that was enough for me. I had to laugh Dawg about the 20 people in the theater with you. There were about 40 people besides us to see The Revenant, and our little theater was packed but it was Sunday. On a week day I'm often there alone or with just a handful of people.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #6775
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Star Wars doesn't appeal to me. I saw the first one but that was enough for me. I had to laugh Dawg about the 20 people in the theater with you. There were about 40 people besides us to see The Revenant, and our little theater was packed but it was Sunday. On a week day I'm often there alone or with just a handful of people.

We have a fabulous multiplex theater in our little town, Kay. The chairs are so comfortable. It's newish, and we've only been there 3 times, and each time there's only been a handful of people at the movie we're watching. Of course, we skip opening nights for new releases, sure hope they're busier then. My only complaint is that the Dolby sound system is so loud!

Planning a matinee for The Revenant!
Old 01-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #6776
Master Chef

What's the last movie you watched?

I saw the first part of the last Huger Games, whatever it's called. I don't know how many of you are familiar with a propaganda machine. I am intimately familiar with Red propaganda. And I know if I see one. The whole series is Red Propaganda. This one is the worst. Worst propaganda it is. This is probably the first American movie that is so vehemently is anti government, anti capitalism, anti establishment.

P.S. Disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking
Old 01-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #6777
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We have a fabulous multiplex theater in our little town, Kay. The chairs are so comfortable. It's newish, and we've only been there 3 times, and each time there's only been a handful of people at the movie we're watching. Of course, we skip opening nights for new releases, sure hope they're busier then. My only complaint is that the Dolby sound system is so loud!

Planning a matinee for The Revenant!
Yep, Dawg....that's a gripe of mine, too. It doesn't HAVE to be sooo loud! Takes a good while to get used to it, especially in an action/adventure film.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:01 PM   #6778
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
I saw the first part of the last Huger Games, whatever it's called. I don't know how many of you are familiar with a propaganda machine. I am intimately familiar with Red propaganda. And I know if I see one. The whole series is Red Propaganda. This one is the worst. Worst propaganda it is. This is probably the first American movie that is so vehemently is anti government, anti capitalism, anti establishment.

P.S. Disgusting.

That is just the first movie laying the groundwork for the rest of the movies and the books.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #6779
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That is just the first movie laying the groundwork for the rest of the movies and the books.
+1. The people resist. The series is not promoting Soviet-style propaganda, just illustrating it.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #6780
Master Chef

Like I said. I am intimately familiar with how propaganda works.