"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #6821
Master Chef

The Overnight on Netflix.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #6822
Chef Extraordinaire

Now that my daughter is retired, she and her husband make Tuesday afternoons date time and head for the movies. They both get the Senior discount. They alternate as to who picks the picture to see. One week her, next week him. I have to say, those two are really enjoying her retirement.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:30 AM   #6823
Master Chef

Just finished watching "Minions". BA-NA-NA!!!

Kids' movie, right? Lots of cute animation, right? Well we decided whoever did the music catalog picked the songs for people our age. Movie was fun, music was rockin'!
Old 01-21-2016, 02:47 AM   #6824
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Ah! You caught me in my Minion PJ's...BA-NA-NA!

Anyway, we just finished watching The Martian, fantastic adaptation of the book without losing the main part of the story and leaving the (for mass audiences) technical aspects out of it. If they had done the entire book it would have taken at least 8 hours to tell the story.

We enjoyed, laughed and cried. Wonderful movie!
Old 01-21-2016, 05:31 PM   #6825
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
We had another Open House, so we went to the movies.
We saw The Intern with Robert DeNiro, cute movie... 2 senior tickets, $6.25 ... one medium popcorn and soft drink $12.50 ... WHAT?! It's a good thing that I had stashed some "theater box candies" from Walmart in my JUMBO sized handbag We have another Open House next weekend, I bought some "Skinny Pop" in 100 calorie bags and some more Junior Mints, so now I'll need to do is stash a coupla bottled waters in my bag and the price will remain at $6.25

DH wants to see The Revenant with Leo
... not too sure I want to see it... we watched the trailer and it seemed pretty violent, I suppose I could just close my eyes...
Old 01-21-2016, 05:58 PM   #6826
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Ah! You caught me in my Minion PJ's...BA-NA-NA!

Anyway, we just finished watching The Martian, fantastic adaptation of the book without losing the main part of the story and leaving the (for mass audiences) technical aspects out of it. If they had done the entire book it would have taken at least 8 hours to tell the story.

We enjoyed, laughed and cried. Wonderful movie!
I'm so glad you liked it even after reading the book. We all know that's rare, at least for me. Were there lots of technical aspects in the book?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:03 PM   #6827
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
We saw The Intern with Robert DeNiro, cute movie... 2 senior tickets, $6.25 ... one medium popcorn and soft drink $12.50 ... WHAT?! It's a good thing that I had stashed some "theater box candies" from Walmart in my JUMBO sized handbag We have another Open House next weekend, I bought some "Skinny Pop" in 100 calorie bags and some more Junior Mints, so now I'll need to do is stash a coupla bottled waters in my bag and the price will remain at $6.25

... not too sure I want to see it... we watched the trailer and it seemed pretty violent, I suppose I could just close my eyes...
See it Kgirl!! You don't strike me as a "wussy type" and it's a terrific story and film!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:08 PM   #6828
Senior Cook

Quote:
We saw The Intern with Robert DeNiro, cute movie... 2 senior tickets, $6.25 ... one medium popcorn and soft drink $12.50 ... WHAT?! It's a good thing that I had stashed some "theater box candies" from Walmart in my JUMBO sized handbag
The local theatres here have a kid's pack with a small drink, small popcorn, and a small pack of Sour Patch Kids. I think it's like $4. Not terribly overpriced. We usually get at least one of those. Even though we are adults. :)

On Netflix last night, I watched a good Swedish film "Pure" that is a new release. It kept my eyes glued to the screen. "Hell has no fury as a woman scorned"!
Old 01-21-2016, 06:12 PM   #6829
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What's the last movie you watched?

Quote:

You're no wussy, K-Girl! DH covered his eyes for a lot of The Revenant, but mine were wide open. We both really enjoyed it!
Old 01-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #6830
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
See it Kgirl!! You don't strike me as a "wussy type" and it's a terrific story and film!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
You're no wussy, K-Girl! DH covered his eyes for a lot of The Revenant, but mine were wide open. We both really enjoyed it!
BAHAHA!
You gals are right, I'm not a wuss!
SO! I guess we'll go then... AND I have my box of Junior Mints at the ready.