What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The newer version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory--Willy Wonka played by Johnny Depp. I didn't like it as much as the original with Gene Wilder.

Depp is too wierd in this one.

VERY true and I love Johnny Depp. Couldn't even watch 30 minutes of it.

We watched I am Legend last night. I was surprisingly disappointed. Good graphics, but, if I had to watch someone alone, although I really like Will Smith in anything he does, I would rather be watching Cast Away with Tom Hanks.

The Bucket List and College Road Trip. I don't think I will be disappointed with The Bucket List.

I am glad to hear Get Smart was good. I loved the TV show, but the commercials for the movie looked horrible. I will give it a shot now based on the comments here.

We saw The Day The Earth Stood Still last night. We had free tickets to the IMAX and that is what they were showing. I went in with very low expectations as I had heard it was a horrible movie. I am glad my expectations were so low so that I was not disappointed. If you do not think about the movie at all then it was barely OK. If you put any thought into it at all then you will be disappointed. It was the perfect role for Keanu though, devoid of any emotion and almost no lines.

3000 Miles to Graceland

A bit on the graphic side but a good movie.

True That Lefty-I loved that movie!!

Got "Step Brothers" from Netflix this weekend. It was pretty predictable-Will Ferrell & John C. Reilly in their typical silliness. Funny if you have 90 minutes or so to kill. Doubt if I'd buy it though.

We watched Slow Burn the other night, pretty good flick lots of interesting twists to it. Other than that the wife has been spending most of her viewing time on IFC or Sundance watching movies.

The Bucket List is a remake of Griffin Loves Phoenix which I imagine is a much better movie. (I haven't seen The Bucket List, but most remakes are disappointing)

I think I got The Bucket List today. I might put that or The Mongol in tonight. First I'll scan the channels.

VERY true and I love Johnny Depp. Couldn't even watch 30 minutes of it.

We watched I am Legend last night. I was surprisingly disappointed. Good graphics, but, if I had to watch someone alone, although I really like Will Smith in anything he does, I would rather be watching Cast Away with Tom Hanks.

The Bucket List and College Road Trip. I don't think I will be disappointed with The Bucket List.

I watched about 15 min of I Am Legend the other night and had to make DH find something else when the 5 yr old freaked at the first zombie creature.
Can't blame him. I didn't know what it was about or I woulda made him find a different movie.
Not sure I'll bother watching the rest when DH finishes.......

The Bucket List is a remake of Griffin Loves Phoenix which I imagine is a much better movie. (I haven't seen The Bucket List, but most remakes are disappointing)
I haven't seen "Griffin Loves Phoenix" but "The Bucket List" is WONDERFUL! I didn't realize it was a remake of anything. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman played off of each other perfectly.

My latest movies have been the new Batman one (can't think of the name!) and a few Christmas movies that I recorded on ABC Family and the Hallmark Channel.

:)Barbara

We saw Slumdog Millionaire on Sunday - this is going to be on top 10 list for 2008. Great movie, part fantasy, love story and drama.

Watched the Fifth Element for the second time. I saw it about 10 years ago not long after it had first come out, and didn't leave me much impression, didn't remember much of the film either except for the hair of Gary Oldman and that song sang by Sarah Brightman.
But this time I really enjoyed it. During the past 10 years I became a big fan of Gary Oldman and he surely didn't disappoint, and Chris Tucker was a hoot. In general I especially liked the character developments rarely seen in a sci-fi flick.

^^^ I enjoyed it more the second time around as well.

Last night we watched Revolutionary Road with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. They both perform well in this film but the film itself was a dog. Don't waste your money.

I could probably act out parts of the Fifth Element for you... I pretty sure I have seen it over a 100 times.. one of my favs!

I watched a creepy little movie called The Ruins last night. Short, different, and scary!

Back
Top Bottom