What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The contestant is not a lower caste but from a minority community.

Thanks for the clarification. I was just going by what little I know about India's culture and the clips and conversations I heard. At any rate it is a story about the little guy winning big!

we saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night - it was just OK. Too much of a formula, big Hollywood production for me. Too "Forest Gumpy" for me too. No way this will win the Oscar for best picture.

Going to see Milk on an early matinee today (pre-superbowl movie).

We watched Jodhaa Akbar at home on Friday night. I enjoyed this Hindi film very much, about a 16th century love story and clash between two cultures. Beautiful film.

And last night we watched Frost/Nixon. Well made film about the David Frost interview with Richard Nixon following his resignation.
It was a good film but I don't think it was Best Picture material. I think Slumdog will win.

we saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night - it was just OK. Too much of a formula, big Hollywood production for me. Too "Forest Gumpy" for me too. No way this will win the Oscar for best picture.

Going to see Milk on an early matinee today (pre-superbowl movie).

I agree about Benjamin Button.

Milk is the only Best Picture nominee I have yet to see.

Saw "Bedtime Stories a week or so ago. It was really good ! I'm thinking of going to see a movie by myself this afternoon. Perhaps Inkheart.

We saw Milk on the early matinee today. Pretty good bio-pic. I didn't realize the history of what all went down in California in the late 1970s, so it was very interesting to me. I thought Sean Penn gave a great performance.
But, this film will not win for best picture at the Oscars. The award is Slumdog's to lose and so far I haven't seen a better nominated movie.

Going to the see The Reader next weekend.

We watched "The Last Templar" last night. It was fairly predictable but good. We just finished watching "Escape from the Planet of the Apes." I had never seen that one. It was pretty good, but it would have been better if we hadn't missed about the first half hour.

:)Barbara

"Bend it Like Beckham".......great movie and since I lived in Mumbai it really hit home......I loved the tailoress's referral to the 15 year old's bust as "mosquito bites" while fitting her for an outfit for her older sister's wedding...........killed me........

Back
Top Bottom