What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
have a slave to the Netflix as of late, but REALLY enjoyed Wasteland. A cool documentary. Started off slow, but really opened up into an inspiring piece.

For anyone into horror/thriller/suspense flicks, I Saw The Devil. AMAZING Korean horror flick, but be forewarned, it is intense both mentally and visually.

Kyung-chul (Choi Min-sik) is a dangerous psychopath who kills for pleasure. He has committed infernal serial murders in diabolic ways that one cannot even imagine and his victims range from young women to even children. The police have chased him for a long time, but were unable to catch him. One day, Joo-yeon, daughter of a retired police chief becomes his prey and is found dead in a horrific state. Her fiance Soo-hyun (Lee Byung-hun), a top secret agent, decides to track down the murderer himself. He promises himself that he will do everything in his power to take bloody vengeance against the killer, even if it means that he must become a monster himself to get this monstrous and inhumane killer.

Going to watch Jim Carrey in Disney's A Christmas Carol this afternoon and if I have time Polar Express. Temperature is going to be in the mid 90's so I hope it will help cool me off a little. :)

Our friend hadn't seen "Shutter Island" so we all watched that last night.

We also watched "Rango." Stupid. Definitely not a kid friendly cartoon (we were previewing it to see if our friend's daughter can see it). I missed the end because James fell asleep and I couldn't hear it over his snoring. :LOL:

I watched The Kids Are All Right last night. It was good, but not really great.

I was watching Shutter Island through NetFlix on my Netbook on the way back from San Francisco a couple of months ago, but I lost the connection somewhere around Santa Barbara and never saw about the last third of the movie. But have no fear, it was still on my list and I have the DVD sitting on top of my television waiting for some free time to watch the entire movie again. Maybe tonight.

Cedar Rapids, an apt portrayal of Iowegians and other midwestern folk, and highly entertaining.

Yesterday afternoon we watched "Von Ryan's Express." I had never seen it. It was pretty good. :)

Last night we watched "The Invisible." A little sappy. Aimed at teens, but still a decent "ghost" story. :)

Jeremiah Johnson (1972)
A mountain man who wishes to live the life of a hermit becomes the unwilling object of a long vendetta by Indians.
----
I must have seen this movie 20 times. I enjoy watching it again about twice each year. It sets off my imagination and makes me wonder what it would have been like to experience that type of life.

This movie is a 10, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, IMHO. Well done, wonderful portrayal of the wilds and great acting by each character.

i wholly agree, timm-ah.

i often dreamed of being a mountain man because of that movie.

it's right up there as a top guy flick as "the outlaw jesse wales", and "full metal jacket".

i watched "everything is illuminated" again.

loved it, again.

jewish hobbits, touching and poignant story, great music.

i wholly agree, timm-ah.

it's right up there as a top guy flick as "the outlaw jesse wales", and "full metal jacket".

loved it, again.

Josey Wales...

lol, oops, you're right.

ol' josey woulda shot me dead and left me where i lay. buzzard's gotta eat, same as a worm.

spit.

lol, i've actually used that line with my son when leaving soon to expire fresh bait behind when fishing.

Bridesmaids ~ laugh out loud funny!! I highly recommend it. :ROFLMAO:

Bad Teacher ~ Predictable, but still entertaining enough.

lol, oops, you're right.

ol' josey woulda shot me dead and left me where i lay. buzzard's gotta eat, same as a worm.

spit.

lol, i've actually used that line with my son when leaving soon to expire fresh bait behind when fishing.

Shrek won't watch it with me anymore, I can say all the dialog before they say it in the movie...:ROFLMAO: I've seen it once or twice, I'm even worse with Pale Rider.

i wholly agree, timm-ah.

loved it, again.

I ordered Everything Is Illuminated this morning from Netflix. Can't wait to see it. The reviews I read about this film were very good. Thanks for the idea.

i hope you like it, joann. it's quirky, sad, and funny at the same time. great, winding story arc.

i love one reviewer who said one of the characters, a russian guy, sounded like he learned english from a thesaurus.

A film I have seen many times is a documentary called Berlin: Symphony Of A Great City.
It is a black and white film from 1927. It begins at dawn and ends at midnight. It shows the people of Berlin at work and play. It is a glimpse of Berlin before the war.

A film I have seen many times is a documentary called Berlin: Symphony Of A Great City.
It is a black and white film from 1927. It begins at dawn and ends at midnight. It shows the people of Berlin at work and play. It is a glimpse of Berlin before the war.
That sounds very interesting!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom