What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A film I have seen many times is a documentary called Berlin: Symphony Of A Great City.
It is a black and white film from 1927. It begins at dawn and ends at midnight. It shows the people of Berlin at work and play. It is a glimpse of Berlin before the war.

I'm not sure if I've seen that one. I'll look for it.

(Found it on Netflix and added it to my "Instant Queue". - Thanks!)

When I was in the Army, I spent 3 years in Berlin, (1974-1977). It was the best time I ever had in my life, I think. There is no way to "see-it-all" in only three years, but I tried, (I had to work 12 hours a day also).

What a city! I do believe that it's New York City's equal in regard to what is available and in Berlin, you would have to go to a very stupid place to get mugged. There is a section of Berlin called "Little Istanbul" and yes, you can hold a dollar above your head, drop it and get mugged before it lands. That's really the only place that is bad in the city though.

PM me about Berlin if you'd like to know more. :D

Last edited:
A film I have seen many times is a documentary called Berlin: Symphony Of A Great City.
It is a black and white film from 1927. It begins at dawn and ends at midnight. It shows the people of Berlin at work and play. It is a glimpse of Berlin before the war.
I watched that last night on netflix and it made me homesick for Berlin. Much of the architecture is still very much like it showed in the movie, despite 95+% of the city being destroyed during the final bombing of WWII. :(

One thing I really miss is the bakeries. There were hundreds of the "neighborhood" bakeries that opened at 4am for the workers to get fresh bread before breakfast. They had a "Personal Loaf" that was awesome! It was about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide and the entire outside was crispy. OMG, the fragrances inside the bakeries....to kill for!:chef:

Berlin truly is a wonderful city. I was there while that obscene wall was still up, and would love to return one day to see the united city. My friends there have mixed reviews of the union of east and west Berlin.:huh:

Anyway, thanks for telling me about this documentary. I enjoyed watching it very much. :D

i hope you like it, joann. it's quirky, sad, and funny at the same time. great, winding story arc.

i love one reviewer who said one of the characters, a russian guy, sounded like he learned english from a thesaurus.

I just got done watching Everything Illuminated. I really liked it. You are drawn into this film. It was so well acted. I will be watching it again. Thank you so much for telling us about it.

While on vacation to florida we saw Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows pt 2 9:30 AM (first showing - excluding the midnight show that ALL the "Potter" people from the "Leaky Con 11" convention went to) the first day it came out. We saw it in the Universal Studios AMC movie theater. Beautiful picture and sound quality and comfortable stadium seating seats. Went saw it in regular format not Imax or 3D.

District 9 on Starz tonight. Great alien action movie, and quite disturbing in a highly entertaining, yet disturbing sort of way.

I watched an Indiana Jones marathon this weekend. Good times indeed! But we went in reverse order so technically the last film I watched was Raiders of the Lost Arc :D

Back
Top Bottom