What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time Bandits (1981) Although viewed as a kid's movie, there are enough tongue-in-cheek moments by a multitude of well-know actors to make it worthwhile for adults as well.

Cast:
Sean Connery, David Warner, Michael Palin, Shelley Duvall, John Cleese, Katherine Helmond, Ian Holm, Ralph Richardson, Kenny Baker

I always wondered how Netflix made money with the high postal rates.....especially those accounts with high dvd turnovers. I thought my paying $8.99 unlimited 1 dvd out & unlimited streaming was an extremely good deal until they jacked up the rates.
I cancelled the dvd portion and now have streaming only. At $7.99 it's not an unreasonable deal.

Can somebody explain to me what you mean by "streaming only"?
I switched from 2 DVD's to 1, but we also still watch Netflix on computer. I think it is also $7.99

It means you no longer have access to the DVDs, Charlie. You can only "stream" movies over the net to either your computer or your TV.

Can somebody explain to me what you mean by "streaming only"?
I switched from 2 DVD's to 1, but we also still watch Netflix on computer. I think it is also $7.99

It means you no longer have access to the DVDs, Charlie. You can only "stream" movies over the net to either your computer or your TV.

To take it one step further, when you watch them on your computer using netflix or other "streaming" data sources, the data isn't downloaded to your PC and then watched. It "streams" the data from the internet to your PC as you watch it, with a small buffer of data on your PC. The buffer size depends on the detected bandwidth speed.

Time Bandits (1981) Although viewed as a kid's movie, there are enough tongue-in-cheek moments by a multitude of well-know actors to make it worthwhile for adults as well.

Cast:
Sean Connery, David Warner, Michael Palin, Shelley Duvall, John Cleese, Katherine Helmond, Ian Holm, Ralph Richardson, Kenny Baker

I loved this movie, have seen it a couple of times. So inventive and clever. I especially loved Sean Connery portraying a Greek king (with a Scottish accent, but who cares). Mama Mia! He was a handsome devil as James Bond, but he was perfect in Bandits.

I was thinking the other night about some actors and in what role they looked best, IMO, on the big screen, i.e., Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow has seldom looked better. Orlando Bloom as a blond elfin creature. Kim Basinger as a 50's Hollywood actress. Cate Blanchett as Queen Elizabeth. Mel Gibson as Mad Max, a toss-up with his Braveheart role. Peter O'Toole in the desert. Omar Shariff in the snow. Sigh.

Other thoughts? Might this be of thread weight? (I don't know how to start a thread.)

To take it one step further, when you watch them on your computer using netflix or other "streaming" data sources, the data isn't downloaded to your PC and then watched. It "streams" the data from the internet to your PC as you watch it, with a small buffer of data on your PC. The buffer size depends on the detected bandwidth speed.

We are way of topic here already and I appologise for it. I guess I do not understand why I am paying only $7.99 and get unlimited "streaming" then? Maybe I should check my bills. :huh:

We are way of topic here already and I appologise for it. I guess I do not understand why I am paying only $7.99 and get unlimited "streaming" then? Maybe I should check my bills. :huh:

$7.99 per/month is what netflix charges for unlimited streaming. They recently split their business in two. Mailed movies are a separate charge now.

Jumping The Broom
Parts of it was pretty funny. The screen writers missed some chances to make it a really funny movie though, IMHO

i just watched "machete".

blood, gore, violence, bad acting, and beautiful mexican women.

so it wasn't all bad.

I have started watching my Star Wars DVDs again. I will never forget when I saw the first Star Wars in the movie theater and that big ship went over our heads and all the sounds. What a great beginning.

I have started watching my Star Wars DVDs again. I will never forget when I saw the first Star Wars in the movie theater and that big ship went over our heads and all the sounds. What a great beginning.

Star Wars was the only reason I wanted surround sound when we upgraded our TV and stereo system.

I was upset too when Netflix raised their rates. I almost canceled....I said if they do it once more than I'm definetly canceling...depending on how much it is. They lost a lot of customers because of it.

I didn't realize blockbusters had a site...

netflix has caved, admitted that the "customer is right", no more price hikes. maybe they are seeing some attrition of customers by blockbusters and others....:)

Last edited:
I Saw The Devil

A crazy crime/drama/horror/suspense flick out of Korea. Good lord. I love me some of the Asian Horror flicks, but this may take the cake for "all things crazy", that I have seen in a long time. Available via Netflix, stream instantly or DVD.

I love well made westerns.

I just finished watching "The Long Riders"

I loved it! In some ways, it showed the real life west, but in others, it was actually funny. Especially the perfectly ironed trail dusters. What a hoot! The cowboys got up in the morning, after sleeping in their dusters and when they climbed on their horses, the dusters were perfect, with not one wrinkle in them! I thought that was funny as heck!

The story line was great and the acting was superb.

The cast was a collection of real-life brothers:

The Keaches: Jesse James (James) and Frank James (Stacy)
The Carradines: Cole Younger (David), Jim Younger (Keith) and Bob Younger (Robert)
The Quaids: Ed Miller (Dennis) and Clell Miller (Randy)
The Guests: Charley Ford (Christopher) and Robert Ford (Nicholas)

It also features an uncredited appearance by Ever Carradine, daughter of Robert Carradine and niece to David and Keith Carradine. Additionally James Keach's son, Kalen Keach, is cast as little Jesse James.
Savannah Smith Boucher played Zee, or Jesse James' wife, Zerelda.

Kevin Brophy as John Younger

Harry Carey, Jr. as George Arthur

Shelby Leverington as Annie Ralston

Felice Orlandi as Mr. Reddick

Pamela Reed as Belle Starr

James Remar as Sam Starr

I watched Thor last night. It was ok...I thought there could have been less clothing on Brad Pitt. But I'd watch it again....:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom