What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just watched "Thor". Amusing, good humor, must have head set to "fantasy" to enjoy it, but it was fun.

Also watched "The Siege" again and it's a great movie, even more than once.

Watched Hanna last night. I think I've seen it already. Cannot figure out, but looked very familiar, especially the ending. Not sure though. But wonder it in fact i did seen it how Unmemorable it is. I did like it though.

The Spanish Prisoner - a gripping David Mamet story with Steve Martin as a very rich man. Fortunately not as gut-wrenching as Mamet's Glengarry Glen Ross, which I found hard to watch.

Has anybody seen "The Thing" yet?

The old version is one of my favs (I can't help it, I love horror movies).
I was wondering if the new one was any good.

Not the third version, Nikki.
You know a movie is good when it gets remade every thirty years or so.

I didn't know this was a third version.
And yes, I figure it will be good.

Yeah, there was the one with James Arness called The Thing (something... from outer space maybe?) and the one with Kurt Russell.

pacanis said:
Not the third version, Nikki.
You know a movie is good when it gets remade every thirty years or so.

Good grief. That would make the original Thing 90 years old!

Good grief. That would make the original Thing 90 years old!

Nooooo... Look at it this way; You can hold up three fingers, but only have two spaces inbetween them. The original Thing was in the early fifties, then the one with Kurt Russel was in the eighties, and then there's this new one. Sixty years or so between the first and last.
So the next one is due about 2041 :LOL: Then it will be 90 years ;)

pacanis said:
Nooooo... Look at it this way; You can hold up three fingers, but only have two spaces inbetween them. The original Thing was in the early fifties, then the one with Kurt Russel was in the eighties, and then there's this new one. Sixty years or so between the first and last.
So the next one is due about 2041 :LOL: Then it will be 90 years ;)

Huh. Math was never my strong suit.

I do remember seeing the first two (not in the 50’s, thinking on Chiller Thriller).

Thanks for the math lesson, Pac!

Huh. Math was never my strong suit.

I do remember seeing the first two (not in the 50’s, thinking on Chiller Thriller).

Thanks for the math lesson, Pac!

Don't ya just hate it when Math still kicks your butt after all these years...:ROFLMAO:

Last movie I watched was The Devil's Rejects. Got all Halloweeny with my Mum by watching House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects the other night. I love Rob Zombie and I am a horror film addict!

I went to the theater with our 12 year old daughter & saw Puss & Boots in 3D. $19.50 for the two of us then an additional $15.00 for popcorn, ice-cream & pop. Does anyone ever clap after a movie anymore?

I went to the theater with our 12 year old daughter & saw Puss & Boots in 3D. $19.50 for the two of us then an additional $15.00 for popcorn, ice-cream & pop. Does anyone ever clap after a movie anymore?

Depends on the movie...we brought down the house at the end of the Harry Potter movies, same with Lord of the Rings. A lot depends on the geek level of the audience:LOL:

Just got done watching the 2009 version of Jane Eyre with Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender and Judi Dench. It was alright but my all time favorite is the old black and white version make in 1944 with Orson Welles, Joan Fontaine, Margaret O'Brien and Agnes Moorehead.

I just finished the afternoon off watching two movies. The first, a quirky movie I almost turned off that had a disturbing and depressing twist called "Lovely Still". After that I watched a depressing movie that only grew more and more depressing the longer it continued called "Everybody's Fine".
I may just hunt up "Brian's Song" or "Ol Yeller" to round things out :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom