What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I hear this latest rise of the apes is actually good. The other ones I heard are terrible. Not really my cup of tea!

I watched gone baby gone at the weekend and thought it was excellent

PrincessFiona60 said:
I loved "Rise" it was a terrific story! But then, I've liked all the Ape movies...:cool:

I've liked them all too. Will have to check out "Rise".

I gotta watch that soon. I'm going to PPV it rather than waiting for Netflix.

This morning I watched The Trip. Not really sure where this movie was going or what tale they were trying to tell... it seemed to suit my 6:00AM mood though.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Excellent pre-story, it really covered the bases well for all the movies. And I know he was CGI, but Caesar is a real...person!!!

Sounds fun! On the list!

As a teen in the seventies, I was always a big fan of Led Zeppelin, so I was very excited to sit down tonight and finally see "The Song Remains The Same." Other than a few nostalgic moments, I have to say I was just a tad disappointed.

We just finished watching "Cloverfield" on DVD. At first it was so slow and a little irritating (being shot from the view of a video recorder), but we actually ended up kind of enjoying it. :cool:

Stranger Than Paradise, a movie by Jim Jarmusch, and was it ever strange! No surprise there, though - you can't beat him for un-Hollywood films, e.g., Coffee and Cigarettes with Bill Murray and Tom Waits. :cool:

We just finished watching "Cloverfield" on DVD. At first it was so slow and a little irritating (being shot from the view of a video recorder), but we actually ended up kind of enjoying it. :cool:

I've been trying to be interested in it, but just can't seem to build the enthusiasm. The trailers for it looked like it would scare your socks off, I don't like having my socks scared off.

I've been trying to be interested in it, but just can't seem to build the enthusiasm. The trailers for it looked like it would scare your socks off, I don't like having my socks scared off.

What's the matter scaidy-cat? Fraid of cold feet? I hate movies that scare me also. I want to be entertained, not terrorized. :)

What's the matter scaidy-cat? Fraid of cold feet? I hate movies that scare me also. I want to be entertained, not terrorized. :)

I have always had very vivid dreams and I WILL incorporate what I see in movies into them. The movie doesn't just scare me once, it continues night after night in my sleep. One movie I saw, many years ago, terrorized me for almost a year before my brain would let it go.

Cloverfield isn't scary but I'm a horror buff so it takes alot to scare me. Although i do have limits, lol. Cloverfield was very disappointing to say the least.

I have Don't Be Afraid of the Dark for the weekend... While I do like horror movies, if my husband has to work I don't watch them alone....

The Dark Knight. I liked it, and sad as it was Heath Ledger's last film.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Watching Van Helsing, I lost track of how many times i've seen it, but I still enjoy it.

I would be watching that too, but SNL is on!

We just watched "Margin Call." The language was horrible, but the movie had a great cast (Kevin Spacey, Jeremy Irons, Demi Moore, to name a few) and was pretty good. I kept expecting it to go in certain directions, and it didn't, which is just as well.

It was definitely one of those types of movies that had you shaking your head in disappointment at the human race. :rolleyes: What Jeremy Irons said at the end kind of gave credence to something I have often said, which is that if you took all the money/wealth in the world and divided it equally among every human on Earth, within 30 days the world would be back, financially, to the way it was before the wealth was divided. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom