What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched "Pacific Heights" (again) last night. We love how different Michael Keaton is--so different from his other characters. :cool:

Moneyball with Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill...and you know I'm not a sports person, but this was a very good movie, Pitt and Hill nailed it.

We watched Moneyball today. Really enjoyed it. Brad Pitt was so funny.

We also watched The Debt. Also enjoyed it, not as funny though.

Brought Real Steel home tonight, hope to watch it this weekend...I have no idea why I even stop by Hastings on my way home, but I managed to pick up a load of books and movies to bring home...you'd think I never saw a bookstore before.

We watched Moneyball today. Really enjoyed it. Brad Pitt was so funny.

We also watched The Debt. Also enjoyed it, not as funny though.
Watched Moneyball last night. I really liked it. My wife, not so much. But to her, sports talk is like fingernails on a blackboard.

We also watched The Debt a few weeks back. It was well done, but in kind of a dark suspenseful way.

Tonight we watched "The Trip". It was awful. Kind of an English version of "Sideways" where two middle aged blokes do little more than drive around the countryside and stop to eat once in awhile. They also do impressions. Non-stop and badly. Every conversation the characters have involves 10 or more minutes of doing impressions. :glare:

If you see this one, skip it. You'll thank me later. ;)

We went to Red Tails Monday night. For a George Lucas film, the dialogue was weak and I thought that the story could have started with the training that the pilots underwent to become pilots. It was, however, a story that deserved to be told and we opted to go to that instead of the remake of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Brought Real Steel home tonight, hope to watch it this weekend...I have no idea why I even stop by Hastings on my way home, but I managed to pick up a load of books and movies to bring home...you'd think I never saw a bookstore before.

Real Steel was the last movie theatre show we saw, loved it!

Last night we watched our Netflix offering, which was The Phantom of the Opera and loved every moment of it. I'd read the book and really was taken by it. The movie just made it come to life. Besides that, it pointed out further that Andrew Lloyd Webber is nothing short of a musical genius. The story is great and, in the end, I wound up crying for the poor Phantom. Great film.

Tonight we watched a 1996 Sandra Bullock film, Two If by Sea. Goofy and nearly pointless movie but great fun and what I would call "mental chewing gum." Sooo silly, but we enjoyed it and had a lot of laughs.

Last night we watched "Red Riding Hood" for the 3rd time since September or October. I told James I think I could watch it every month. :wacko:

Tonight we saw "Real Steel" at our friends' house. Other than the language (not the worst I have heard, but I hate when they have a kid swearing) it was pretty good.

Last night we watched "Red Riding Hood" for the 3rd time since September or October. I told James I think I could watch it every month.

i was just going to reply that i watched "red riding hood" and thought it was meh, waste of time.

i just couldn't get past the fact they managed to ruin what visually was a really good horror flick with a teenage love story.

Last edited by a moderator:
a beautifully filmed, acted and scored movie about the life of frida kahol, a mexican surrealist painter. this film, frida, easily makes my top ten all-time favorite movies. i can't wait to read a biography about this artist's life now, but none of them are available in ebook form! :(

Finally watched last Harry Potter movie last night, the part 1. Rented for kids, but decided to watch it first my self. Oh my gosh, I do not understand what normal parent would allow their child to see this. It was so dark and disturbing. and the next one I bet is even darker. No wonder kids are totally screwed up nowadays. We as parents wonder and blame media. How about blame ourselves for allowing this to happen. The movie went right back to where it came from this morning. Scary. Both, the movie and what we have become.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom