What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The league of extraordinary gentlemen" is coming on. For some reason I like this movie ( I guess it's because I like Connery and Townsend along with the other actors) and I can have it on in the background and know whats going on because I have seen it a few times. I think it is a good silly, foo foo movie.

Finally watched last Harry Potter movie last night, the part 1. Rented for kids, but decided to watch it first my self. Oh my gosh, I do not understand what normal parent would allow their child to see this. It was so dark and disturbing. and the next one I bet is even darker. No wonder kids are totally screwed up nowadays. We as parents wonder and blame media. How about blame ourselves for allowing this to happen. The movie went right back to where it came from this morning. Scary. Both, the movie and what we have become.

The advice for new writers is "write about what you know best." Stephen King and now this author. Makes you wonder about their childhood.

Fortunately when I was raising my children, the owners of the local movie theaters had Saturday matinees for the kids. Even the concession prices were geared to the kids. So this wasn't a problem. The scariest movie at that time was Michael Landon in "I Was A Teenage Werewolf." And "The Blob." But they were shown on Saturday (date night) night, not in the afternoon. You could still send your youngest one with the oldest one and know that the movie was safe for both of them. By the time "The Exorcist" came about, my oldest was a teenager. Her then boyfriend took her to see it. She hasn't been to see a scary movie since. She had nightmares for months after. One of my granddaughters' love to read murder mysteries. But she read the first Harry Potter. Never wanted to read anymore in the series. Nor has she gone to see any of the movies. And neither has anyone else in the family. I thnk the rating system needs to be overhauled. :ohmy:

We are about 20 minutes away from watching a Hallmark movie on ABC, 7 pm MST. It's based on a true story, "A Smile as Big as the Moon." Just watching the commercials for it, I give it a solid two boxes of tissues up!

We are about 20 minutes away from watching a Hallmark movie on ABC, 7 pm MST. It's based on a true story, "A Smile as Big as the Moon." Just watching the commercials for it, I give it a solid two boxes of tissues up!

Hallmark movies are always good family fare. I still watch the reruns. :)

was that a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie tonight? I missed it!! It's more than 1/2 over :(

Finally watched last Harry Potter movie last night, the part 1. Rented for kids, but decided to watch it first my self. Oh my gosh, I do not understand what normal parent would allow their child to see this. It was so dark and disturbing. and the next one I bet is even darker. No wonder kids are totally screwed up nowadays. We as parents wonder and blame media. How about blame ourselves for allowing this to happen. The movie went right back to where it came from this morning. Scary. Both, the movie and what we have become.

I'm sorry to hear that. Charlie, at least about the movie. I've made it a point over the years to read an assortment of juvenile literature to see what's available for our youth. I've read almost all of the Harry Potter books and found them to be delightful and full of creative imagination.

Having said that, I have absolutely no clue about any of the movies and how they portray the stories in the books.

Some years ago I read The Invention of Hugo Cabret, which is another piece of juvenile literature. It's quite an adventure but not nearly as complex as any Harry Potter enjoyed. The movie about Hugo is in 3D and is incredibly rich in story and vision. I can only imagine how captivating any of the Harry Potter stories would be in 3D.

Okay, to each his own, but I still found the Harry Potter tales to be very, very enjoyable...and very appropriate for children of the right age.

i understand how you feel, charlie. but so long as you explain that it's fantasy just like cartoons or scary movies about monsters, it's just mind candy. it'll help your kids expand their creative minds so long as they have your guidance as to the real world.

I'm sorry to hear that. Charlie, at least about the movie. I've made it a point over the years to read an assortment of juvenile literature to see what's available for our youth. I've read almost all of the Harry Potter books and found them to be delightful and full of creative imagination.

Having said that, I have absolutely no clue about any of the movies and how they portray the stories in the books.

Some years ago I read The Invention of Hugo Cabret, which is another piece of juvenile literature. It's quite an adventure but not nearly as complex as any Harry Potter enjoyed. The movie about Hugo is in 3D and is incredibly rich in story and vision. I can only imagine how captivating any of the Harry Potter stories would be in 3D.

Okay, to each his own, but I still found the Harry Potter tales to be very, very enjoyable...and very appropriate for children of the right age.

<applause> Thanks, Katie.

As an "adult" who enjoys Harry Potter and finds merit in the stories for kids of the right age.

was that a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie tonight? I missed it!! It's more than 1/2 over :(

Yes, MSM! Sorry you are missing it. It is really good, wait for it to come around again.

Shrek, finally made his New Year's Resolution..."No more hallmark movies." :LOL:

We watched the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie, "A Smile as Big as the Moon" as well. Great movie, and based on a real class. The "problem" with Hallmark HoF movies is that you not only cry during the movie, but you cry at half the commercials too! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom