What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a bit of an old favorite, but I still watch it from time to time, just for s's&G's.

The Adventure of Barron Von Munchhausen

I am just a huge fan of Terry Gilliam, I love the imagery, the depth, and the overall sensation of a theatrical adventure.

This past weekend, my ladyfriend and I really enjoyed "The Birdcage", we had both seen it before, on a few occasions, not together, but she went to see La Cage Aux Folles with her mom, and LOVED IT! I have since gotten tickets to go see it before it heads out of the DC area, and am looking forward to it!!

the adventures of baron von munchhausen is a great movie, tatt.

i watched "your highness" this morning. complete crap.

it was like being around someone that has zero class, somehow pulling off a mildly amusing expression while being a crude ass the rest of the time.

We watched "Surviving the Game." The language was horrible, and I figured out what they had planned immediately, but it was a pretty good movie. There are movies that I like to see over and over, there are movies I like to see on occasion, and there are movies that are good for one watching. This one fits the last category.

Of course, there is also the "why did we put this piece of garbage on to watch" category, and we do run across them now and then too! :glare:

We just watched Stephen King's "The Mist." This was the first time we have seen it since we saw it in the theater when it first came out. It was still good. :LOL:

Last night was "M" from 1931, directed by Fritz Lang. It's in German with English subtitles, a b&w old-but-new story about a serial child-killer. Starred Peter Lorre (quite young), who was awfully good in it. It's amazing how far we have Not come since those times. The movie itself was better -- speaking of the director's accomplishments -- than I expected for that early a film. I need to visit my Netflix queue and find something fluffy and funny to get rid of the taste.

Last night was "M" from 1931, directed by Fritz Lang. It's in German with English subtitles, a b&w old-but-new story about a serial child-killer. Starred Peter Lorre (quite young), who was awfully good in it. It's amazing how far we have Not come since those times. The movie itself was better -- speaking of the director's accomplishments -- than I expected for that early a film. I need to visit my Netflix queue and find something fluffy and funny to get rid of the taste.

I love old B&W movies. Specially mysteries. And nobody does them better than the English. :ohmy:

Cause that real thing is too far away from here to watch. :cool:

Love the Shrek movies. Puss in Boots was fun, but not nearly as good.

The last two movies I watched happen to be the same one. The new Twilight. My mom is a fan so I took her to see it in theaters a while back and last weekend my son wanted to rent it. I have had my fill of vampires and wolves for a while.

Watched "Tower Heist" last night. It was one of those movies where you are required to completely suspend disbelief. If you can manage that, it's a fun movie. Good cast, too.

We watched Puss In Boots the other night. Fun, but not a Shrek movie.

Shrek vetoed buying it!

So we watched Tower Heist tonight, it was surprisingly very good. We thought it would be silly, but it was a straight caper movie.

We just watched "127 Hours." Based on a true story. There was a little bad language, but not too bad. We really enjoyed it. There were some pretty intense scenes, mostly as he started to lose his sense of reality. For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it is about a man who falls into a crevice in some stone canyons and his hand is pinned by a big rock/small boulder. I would recommend it, but not for kids (one fairly gory scene). :cool:

Barbara L said:
We just watched "127 Hours." Based on a true story. There was a little bad language, but not too bad. We really enjoyed it. There were some pretty intense scenes, mostly as he started to lose his sense of reality. For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it is about a man who falls into a crevice in some stone canyons and his hand is pinned by a big rock/small boulder. I would recommend it, but not for kids (one fairly gory scene). :cool:

I had to watch it for my creative writibg class. Not really my thing but it was well done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom