What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The hubby and I took our niece to see The Secret World of Arrietty. It was pretty good. I prefer other Studio Ghibli films over this one but it was worth watching and my niece loved it.

I am a huge miyazaki fan and loved this flick. I do have others I like better too. Porco Rosso,Nausica,Whisper of the heart,Totoro.

Have you seen Grave of the fireflies? Not for little kids and rocked me!

4meandthem said:
I am a huge miyazaki fan and loved this flick. I do have others I like better too. Porco Rosso,Nausica,Whisper of the heart,Totoro.

Have you seen Grave of the fireflies? Not for little kids and rocked me!

I've seen Grave of the Fireflies. While I can appreciate it intilectually, the constant sadness in the film puts it lower on the list for me. The treatment of the kids left me fealing angry for most of the movie. I know the point was to show the hardships, but it just isn't something I'd watch again.

My favorite is Nausica. There was an English dub of it called Warriors of the Wind that my mom recorded on cable when I was kid. It was one of my four favorite movies, the others being the Rankin and Bass animated Hobbit, The Last Unicorn and Flight of Dragons. But Warriors of the Wind was my favorite.

As an adult, it took me forever to find out anything about it or where I could get it and when I did I found out it wasn't even the complete movie; parts of it had been cut. I was thrilled when the hubby bought me Nausica and I finally got to watch the entire movie.

Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore. It was a really funny sequel. How can it not be when Bette Midler voices the villain.

Last edited:
Finished the Netflix compilaltion of season 2 of Damages. What a good series! I'm really not a Ted Danson fan, but his character on this and some really varied other roles is making for a growing respect for his work. And finding Darryl Hammond here as an ice-cold killer, well, another type-casting out the windfow.

Thanks for that review, I was looking at it today and decided to wait...now I will wait for it to come on cable.

Visually it was very interesting...

The acting and script stank... bad...

Visually wonderful.. especially in HD.

Wait on it... yeah.. not a bad plan.

Last night I wated HBO's Game Change. Very entertaining to watch. I did not learn anything I did not already know, but it was an interesting peek into a side of politics that we do not always get to see.

I am a dork for docs, and watched Word Play yesterday, a pretty fascinating look into the world of crossword puzzles, those that create, and those that do them.

Just got done watching, "The Descendants," with George Clooney. Fantastic movie, it was more than I was expecting and is a big hit here. And the music soundtrack...WOW~

Watched "Kingpin" last night. I have always avoided this movie because it looked kind of... stupid? But I couldn't stop laughing throughout the entire movie!

I am a dork for docs, and watched Word Play yesterday, a pretty fascinating look into the world of crossword puzzles, those that create, and those that do them.
I'm a dork for crosswords and a dork for docs... so I bought the dvd and watch it at least once a year. :)

Last night I wated HBO's Game Change. Very entertaining to watch. I did not learn anything I did not already know, but it was an interesting peek into a side of politics that we do not always get to see.
I got HBO added back to our cable tier so I could watch that movie, having read the book. Will probably keep it for a while since Game of Thrones will soon be back.

Back
Top Bottom