What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched Machete again. Awesome! Need to do a Robert Rodriguez marathon as my husband never saw any of his movies!

We finally saw "Savage Sam" the other night. It was pretty good. Last night we watched "Insomnia" with Al Pacino, Robin Williams, and Hillary Swank. We had seen it a few years ago and had forgotten a few details. It was just as good the second time (could have done without some of the language though). :cool:

I had free Starz or one of them this weekend and watched "The Other Guys" twice. Hilarious. And all kinds of great/semi great actors in it. It was a hoot. Mark Wahlberg has come a long way from Dirk Diggler, lol.

I had free Starz or one of them this weekend and watched "The Other Guys" twice. Hilarious. And all kinds of great/semi great actors in it. It was a hoot. Mark Wahlberg has come a long way from Dirk Diggler, lol.

I thought he did a great job as Dirk Diggler...

PrincessFiona60 said:

Haha. Speaking of such. My mom fed mr dirk diggler the other day! Evidently he loved it! My poor mother grilling at the crack of dawn

i tried to watch a movie called "sucker punch", but it was just so bizarre. it's flahdancers and cabaret meets nazi zombies, orks, killer robots, dragons, and corrupt orderlies, all set in a dirty insane asylum.

just too weird.

buckytom said:
i tried to watch a movie called "sucker punch", but it was just so bizarre. it's flahdancers and cabaret meets nazi zombies, orks, killer robots, dragons, and corrupt orderlies, all set in a dirty insane asylum.

just too weird.

Lol. I love that movie for all the reasons you just mentioned.

just too weird.

It was weird.. but it is fun. Based on a graphic novel I think.

Hint: Most of it takes place in her head.

:ohmy: :innocent:

I've been wathing TCM Doris Day movies.

It was weird.. but it is fun. Based on a graphic novel I think.

Hint: Most of it takes place in her head.

yeah, i understood the concept. i think they should have spent more time on her descent into fantasy, or at least explained it better with psycoactive drugs or something. it's lke the writer couldn't wait to get to the hot chick fantasy part. and they should have created their own monsters instead of borrowing from other movies.

pag, i can definitely see it being a chick flick in a way. a sci-fi action chick flick.

buckytom said:
yeah, i understood the concept. i think they should have spent more time on her descent into fantasy, or at least explained it better with psycoactive drugs or something. it's lke the writer couldn't wait to get to the hot chick fantasy part. and they should have created their own monsters instead of borrowing from other movies.

pag, i can definitely see it being a chick flick in a way. a sci-fi action chick flick.

My husband liked it too. :) I liked the random, almost dream like quality of it. The sort of, stories within stories thing was cool and I liked guessing/deciding how much was real, how much was entirely in her head, how much was an exageration of what was real and what sort of real life events might have corresponded with the fantasy events.

Kathleen has been out of town so I have things queuing up on the DVR.

Not a movie but I FINALLY got to watch the season premiere of Game of Thrones!

Back
Top Bottom