What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Streep is... well.. Streep.

It is on Bluray too... :)

We enjoyed both movies, very much.

Picked up TTSS this morning, will be watching it later. I'm excited, love the story.

Bluray...I'm not buying another player until this one dies. Then we will consider Bluray. It's bad enough I have Betamax, VHS, Laser Disc and DVD formats all represented in the movies I love!.:rolleyes:

We are thinking about going to redbox & pick out a movie. Any suggestions for a scarey movie or maybe a action/thriller movie? Keepin in mind there will be a 13 year old girl watching it too.

Bluray...I'm not buying another player until this one dies.

You know the BD players will do DVD so you don't loose that.

Of course, without an HD TV it is pointless to have a BD player.

My new one has allows us to stream in movies too (over the built in WiFi).

You know the BD players will do DVD so you don't loose that.

Of course, without an HD TV it is pointless to have a BD player.

My new one has allows us to stream in movies too (over the built in WiFi).

I know that, it's the only reason I have even considered BluRay. I already have the nicest HDTV. :rolleyes:

Silly, that would be bigger than my wall. The 42 inch LED is just fine. Love those Tax Refunds...:)

We have been sporting a 42" plasma for a few years.

Kathleen remarked I have spoiled her for watching movies... she doesn't like the theater anymore with the plasma and surround sound we have. Less idjots to ruin the movie at home too...

We have been sporting a 42" plasma for a few years.

Kathleen remarked I have spoiled her for watching movies... she doesn't like the theater anymore with the plasma and surround sound we have. Less idjots to ruin the movie at home too...

and you can pause it and hit the kitchen and bathroom...important when you are doing silly stuff like a Star Wars Marathon. Almost never go to the theater anymore. Although, we will be going to see The Avengers when it comes out.

I went & saw hunger games with my daughter last weekend. It's her second time seeing it. I found it to be somewhat disturbing.

I went & saw hunger games with my daughter last weekend. It's her second time seeing it. I found it to be somewhat disturbing.

The premise of the whole series is disturbing, it's meant to be. The whole idea behind the Hunger Games is hopefully fantasical.

I was wondering about going to see "The Hunger Games" as there's been so much hoopla about it. I'm not into other world disturbing fantasy. Reality is enough to scare the bejeebers outa me, thank you very much. :ohmy:;)

I was wondering about going to see "The Hunger Games" as there's been so much hoopla about it. I'm not into other world disturbing fantasy. Reality is enough to scare the bejeebers outa me, thank you very much. :ohmy:;)

I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD. The stories are really good, but yes, the subject matter is disturbing.

Tonight we watched "The Last Brickmaker in America" with Sidney Poitier. Excellent movie (made-for-TV in 2001). I loved it in 2001 and I knew James would love it too, so we bought it on DVD.

I bought and watched "Hugo" with the kids today. This is one of the best flicks I have seen in a while and hope scorcessi got an award for it. It was a great family flick that would appeal to amost any age. Better than I expected.

The nicest? You got the 105inch LED? SWEEET! ;)
Not 105", but the wife and I bought an 82" Mitsubishi 3D HD TV last year for our basement rec room (she calls it the "testosterone cave" during football season). We also got Blu-Ray, 3D goggles, surround sound, the whole bit.

There are times I never want to leave the basement. :LOL:

Having said that, the last movie we watched was "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow", which has got to be one of the dumbest movies ever made, and the big screen only made it seem even dumber. :glare:

I bought and watched "Hugo" with the kids today. This is one of the best flicks I have seen in a while and hope scorcessi got an award for it. It was a great family flick that would appeal to amost any age. Better than I expected.

Oh I agree, 4me. Both Steve and I really enjoyed going to see it in the theater and I'm glad to hear it translated well in your living room. It's a very entertaining flick for nearly anyone, and worthy of it's five Oscars. Scorsese got the Golden Globe for it but sadly missed out on the Oscar.

We watched "Water for Elephants" tonight. Really enjoyed it. Rosie was a blast! Of course, not as in-depth as the book, which I loved, but still worth seeing.

I just started Bolt with the kids. They have seen it before and loved it, but this is my first viewing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom