What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope you guys enjoy that movie as much as I did (Hachi). It was a local cable movie channel here. I wish I hadn't deleted it and saved it. I'm so used to deleting stuff after I watch it. I hope it comes back on again.

This morning, I watched a moved called Saving Sarah Cain. It's about a high-class journalist from Portland, Oregon. She had a sister and lost contact many years before, because she fell in love with an Amish man and decided to learn their ways and religion. The sister passes away, and Sarah is recognized by PA state that she is the legal guardian of 5 kids.

I thought it was a great movie.

My wife dragged me to "Snow White and the Huntsman" today. Fairy tales are not normally my thing, but this darker version was relatively enjoyable.

Turnabout is fair play, so I plan to drag her to see "Prometheus" next weekend. :)

I watched that most curious actor, Crispin Glover, in a most peculiar movie -- Bartleby -- that was based on a short story by Herman Melville done up in a modern setting. (Joe Piscopo was also in it.) Afterward, I went to the library and found a copy of the original 1800's version. The movie was surprisingly true to the narrative. Curious and peculiar, both of them. And the background music to the film was played on the Theramin. Perfect.

On cable tv yesterday.

You've Got Mail--I always find it curious for people to say 'It's just business, nothing personal', as though that means something.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind--one of the few movies full of awe, where the aliens didn't come here to kill everyone, only to return borrowed people and items (planes, boats).

Last night's Netflix was Wilby Wonderful, a nice little 24-hour slice of life in a small town in Nova Scotia. What a beautiful rocky coast they have.

Glenn and I watched Nights in Rodanthe last night and, for some reason, it hit me like a ton of bricks and I had a total meltdown.

I think it's because for many, many years Buck and I camped on the dunes in that area and the scenery brought back those wonderful memories. Then, too, this month is the anniversary of his death, along with his birthday, so it was a triple whammy. So many feelings just came rushing in and I was overcome.

Still, the movie was good and the old house on the beach was just too awesome.

Katie H said:
Glenn and I watched Nights in Rodanthe last night and, for some reason, it hit me like a ton of bricks and I had a total meltdown.

I think it's because for many, many years Buck and I camped on the dunes in that area and the scenery brought back those wonderful memories. Then, too, this month is the anniversary of his death, along with his birthday, so it was a triple whammy. So many feelings just came rushing in and I was overcome.

Still, the movie was good and the old house on the beach was just too awesome.

:-(

Bonnie & Clyde. Saw Faye Dunaway years ago at a screening (sans makeup). Wouldn't have known her to pass her on the street, but she was a stunning woman. My neighbor, played the sheriff. Took me back. We went to Laughlin (Nevada) & saw the bullit-riddled car. Not sure if it was the original.

Caught the end of The Last Picture Show. Will watch it again on TMC.

Last edited:
Bonasera,

Cerise: Bonnie and Clyde ... Excellent film choice ... Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty are excellent professionals.

My last film was The Sun Also Rises - Tyrone Power and Eva Gardner ... I am a big Hemmingway fan ... and thus, have all his literature and the classic films that had been turned into films ... One of my faves is The Sun Also Rises ... caught it on tv ...

Have nice Wednesday.
Margi. Ciao.

The cable hallmark channel is running both versions of 'The Parent Trap', right now.

First the Hayley Mills version followed by the Lindsay Lohan version.

I'm going to leave them both on--in the background while I'm getting things done here. I've probably watched both versions a half dozen times.

Saw "Prometheus" last night on an enormous screen in 3D. Despite a few nit-picky things and one horrendously bad makeup job on one of the actors, my overall reaction comes down to a single word: WOW. It has to be one of most incredibly filmed movies I've ever seen, especially if you are a sci-fi fan.

"In Cold Blood" Hadn't seen it in several years. Great performance by Robert Blake. Was more chilling than the first time I viewed it.

Caught a relatively recent film we had seen at the Cinema on T.V. just a little while ago: The Company Men ... Losing a job is alot more than losing a desk ... It is losing a life style ... Good acting by Tommy Lee Jones. Ben Affleck was the supporting performer ...

Have nice wkend.
Ciao, Margi.

Well I finally saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button from 2008.

I thought the ending to the movie was poorly done.

I also wondered why Benjamin Button was at thew doctors for his condition???

The makeup work was top notch though.

Well I finally saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button from 2008.

I thought the ending to the movie was poorly done.

I also wondered why Benjamin Button was at thew doctors for his condition???

The makeup work was top notch though.

I really liked that movie. Many people make a comparison between Forrest Gump and that movie because of the similarities in the entire plot.
Curious Case Of Forrest Gump Vs Benjamin Button Video

I'm not sure that if Benjamin Button had gone to a doctor, the doctor would have believed his condition (since it really isn't a condition that exists) which would have clarified for the movie watcher that this movie is based on an impossible and unbelievable premise.

If you haven't seen it yet, you NEED to see Hachi: A Dog's Tale.

Glenn and I watched it last night and it, literally, grabbed us. What an amazing story!!!!

At the end, both of us were in full-blown weeping mode. It's such a touching and powerful story.

When I finally composed myself, I asked Mr. Google about Hachi and learned a lot more, which further made me cry.

It's a movie/story I'll never forget.

If you haven't seen it yet, you NEED to see Hachi: A Dog's Tale.

Glenn and I watched it last night and it, literally, grabbed us. What an amazing story!!!!

At the end, both of us were in full-blown weeping mode. It's such a touching and powerful story.

When I finally composed myself, I asked Mr. Google about Hachi and learned a lot more, which further made me cry.

It's a movie/story I'll never forget.

I read the true story about a couple of years ago. Nothing like the devotion of a pet. They say Fala used to sit everyday at the grave of FDR after he died. :(

Back
Top Bottom