What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TV has been so lousy lately that we watched a MOST interesting and entertaining documentary last night that I would highly recommend. What a great true life story of adventure from 1903, the same year of the first flight. Horatio made the first road trip by car across the United States!!

We have Netflix streaming and here's more about it.

Netflix : Horatio's Drive: America's First Road Trip

We hardly ever go to the movie theater, but we did Tuesday night. We saw 2016-Obama's America.

One of my favorite movies too, Katie!

Have you seen "The Quiet Man" lately. It was John Wayne's favorite of any movie he ever did.

There are some movies you can watch over and over. And "The Quiet Man" is one of them. I miss the movies of the 40's and 50's. You left the theatre talking about them. :)

I've never seen The Quiet Man. I will need to find that one. I bet Hubby and I would like that one.
And...we love John Wayne!

I've never seen The Quiet Man. I will need to find that one. I bet Hubby and I would like that one.

LOL! I watch it at least twice a year and I've done that for 20 years. Sometimes I go on a real kick and watch it a couple of times a month. It's one of those movie I will never get tired of.

You and your Hubby will love it!

An old (1928) silent film, starring Lillian Gish - The Wind. She was such a great actress, you forget you're watching a silent film. It was shot in the Mohave. There was so much sand blowing around through the entire film, I wanted to take a shower. lol Good movie.

Then, something completely different - Gilda, (1946) w/ Rita Hayworth. They don't make 'em like that anymore. lol Never get tired of the classics.

Put The Blame On Mame - Gilda (1946) - YouTube

I loved the Avengers - we saw it in 3D at the theatre on opening day - I rarely go to the theatre and never on opening day but it was early and not too crowded.

We just finished watching "The Fighter" with Mark Walberg. It was okay. I love sports movies but this one was not one of my favourites. The acting was great though.

Did you see E.T.? Do you remember the scene when E.T. was watching TV and Eliot was feeling what he saw? When they showed John Wayne pulling Maureen O'Hara to him and Eliot did the same with a girl in his class--that was from The Quiet Man! :cool: The Quiet Man is definitely one of my all-time favorites!

Barbara L said:
Did you see E.T.? Do you remember the scene when E.T. was watching TV and Eliot was feeling what he saw? When they showed John Wayne pulling Maureen O'Hara to him and Eliot did the same with a girl in his class--that was from The Quiet Man! :cool: The Quiet Man is definitely one of my all-time favorites!

I did see ET, and remember that scene. I really need to see this John Wayne movie I have missed for all these years!

TV has been so lousy lately that we watched a MOST interesting and entertaining documentary last night that I would highly recommend. What a great true life story of adventure from 1903, the same year of the first flight. Horatio made the first road trip by car across the United States!!

We have Netflix streaming and here's more about it.

Netflix : Horatio's Drive: America's First Road Trip

My goodness what hardships they encountered -- I agree that it's a great story. First came across it on audiotape and was so impressed that I got the hard-back book with lots of old photos. I wasn't aware of a film version, so I'll have to check Netflix. Thanks for the tip.

It was made 3D in post production. Here it was shown in 3D and 3D IMAX. The 3D was okay, but we left wondering if we should have seen the IMAX version.

Thanks LP :)

I have just done some looking around and yes it was released in 3D here too, we are going to wait a few months and then watch it again in 3D

It was a really good film, we really enjoyed it...found Stark quite funny in the film :LOL:

It has left me wanting to see all the Marvel films now ;)

Barbara L said:

I'm watching ET right now at a local "movie in the park" night. They just did the flying bicycle scene. I'm reading DC at the same time. The sound isn't loud enough for where I'm sitting in my van. I'll have to rent it sometime for "old time's sake" because it isn't holding my interest like it would if I could hear better.

Steve Kroll said:
Watched Hunger Games last night. I actually liked it more than I thought I would. Probably not enough to read the books, though.

You should read the books! They are better than the movie!! The movie changed some important things that I don't know how they will fix the next movie. I like her style of writing. She was very descriptive without dwelling on the blood & gore. I was glad Hollywood didn't change that because the story had potential to be gory.
I read The Hunger Games in 24 hours. I had to listen to the next two books on CD because there was a wait list for the books. I'd prefer the books.

Cindercat said:
You should read the books! They are better than the movie!! The movie changed some important things that I don't know how they will fix the next movie. I like her style of writing. She was very descriptive without dwelling on the blood & gore. I was glad Hollywood didn't change that because the story had potential to be gory.
I read The Hunger Games in 24 hours. I had to listen to the next two books on CD because there was a wait list for the books. I'd prefer the books.

+1

Back
Top Bottom