What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We saw "The Incredible Spiderman" last night. Our friends liked it better than the original. We both felt it was better than the original in some ways and not as good in others. Each had elements that were better than the other. We enjoyed it.

For some unknown reason our dish provider is offering a slew of free movie channels this month. Normally, they only "give" us about 4 assorted channels each month to try to goad us into upping our package.

However, on one of the channels last night we watched The Rock with Ed Harris, Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery. It was very good and, at times had us on the edge of our seats.

For some unknown reason our dish provider is offering a slew of free movie channels this month. Normally, they only "give" us about 4 assorted channels each month to try to goad us into upping our package.

However, on one of the channels last night we watched The Rock with Ed Harris, Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery. It was very good and, at times had us on the edge of our seats.

There is a competitive war on right now between the two major dish providers. They don't want you to switch. :angel:

From Netflix I have been watching the old Dick Cavett Shows from the 1970's. I really enjoy watching the interviews with Orson Welles, Bette Davis, Katharine Hepburn and Fred Astaire. I just received one with Groucho Marx and Debbie Reynolds.

Yeah, he doesn't have to stand in line with me, he just has to schlepp the coffee to me and hang out when I need the bathroom.

During the days of the old Boston Gardens (NBA and NHL homes) the women started to use the mens bathrooms because there simply were not enough bathrooms for women. And we all know women take a lot longer than men. So when they built the new Gardens, there are now more than twice the number of women's restrooms than mens. Those long lines are a thing of the past. :angel:

Last night we watched "The Expendables 2." My stepdaughter was right - it was better than the first one. Lots of explosions, fights, and muscles, and it was funny as all get-out! Most of the humor would be totally lost on anyone who hadn't seen many of the stars' previous action movies ("Rambo," "Lone Wolf McQuade," "Terminator," "Total Recall," and "Die Hard" to name a few). Many references to them. Those guys are all as old as dirt (and they played up to that in the movie), and they were all great. We loved it. :cool:

I watched The Last Temptation of Christ this morning. Long movie, but it held my attention. A semi-oldie I had never seen before.

El Dorado...always up for a John Wayne movie, Shrek is always surprised when I can say the lines before the actor does.

I love it, too, Kylie. It has such a sweet story.

Yes, it does...in parts it makes me tear up a bit too...it is a very touching, emotional story...we have seen it about 3 times now, I really love watching it around this time of year...every year :LOL:

I'm always amazed about how much the cable company will knock off my monthly bill when I tell them I'm going to dish...:angel: One of these days they might call my bluff.

Went to see "Life of Pi" last night. What a wonderful movie. The cinematography is breathtaking (I guarantee you've never seen water filmed so many different ways).

It wasn't until after I got home that I did some reading and found that many of the animal scenes were done using computer graphics. That's not surprising I guess, given that it would be dangerous to film a tiger and a young boy together in a small boat. However, what's surprising is that the CGI scenes are so seamless you can't tell what's real and what's computer generated. And the effects don't detract at all from the story - which is the most important thing.

Back
Top Bottom