What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve Kroll said:
Went to see "Life of Pi" last night. What a wonderful movie. The cinematography is breathtaking (I guarantee you've never seen water filmed so many different ways).

It wasn't until after I got home that I did some reading and found that many of the animal scenes were done using computer graphics. That's not surprising I guess, given that it would be dangerous to film a tiger and a young boy in a small boat. However, what's surprising is that the CGI scenes are so seamless you can't tell what's real and what's computer generated. And the effects don't detract at all from the story - which is the most important thing.

I saw a review on the CBS morning show, it looked fascinating. We had talked about going with BIL in the Chicago area. Sad we missed it, too much Costco and celebration....

Today I watched both versions of The Haunting . The 1963 black and white and the last one made in 1999. Same story but very differently made.

Last edited:
Steve Kroll said:
Went to see "Life of Pi" last night. What a wonderful movie. The cinematography is breathtaking (I guarantee you've never seen water filmed so many different ways).

It wasn't until after I got home that I did some reading and found that many of the animal scenes were done using computer graphics. That's not surprising I guess, given that it would be dangerous to film a tiger and a young boy together in a small boat. However, what's surprising is that the CGI scenes are so seamless you can't tell what's real and what's computer generated. And the effects don't detract at all from the story - which is the most important thing.

I'd really like to see this. Not sure if we can squeeze it into the budget but I'm hoping we can.

Currently watching Star Wars: A New Hope. Up next, Empire Strickes Back!

We just picked up Expendables 2, will report back once done...if I can get Shrek to turn off the football game.

Absolutely want to see "Life of Pi." I thought I bought the book, but now I don't see it in the stack.

We just picked up Expendables 2, will report back once done...if I can get Shrek to turn off the football game.

I have heard that is quite a good film Fi :)
Did you read what I wrote a few posts back? It is a hoot! I'm quite sure you and Shrek have seen all the action movies referred to, so you should both get a few good laughs. :cool:

We enjoyed it immensely, lots of fun and we've seen all the movies referenced. It was quite amazing getting all of them in the same movie.

Liz and Dick on Lifetime. It was bad. I stayed w/ it to see the life shared between the two, & it was difficult watching. On the plus side, the wardrobe/costumes of the era were somewhat on target. Disappointing.

Last night we watched "The Expendables 2." My stepdaughter was right - it was better than the first one. Lots of explosions, fights, and muscles, and it was funny as all get-out! Most of the humor would be totally lost on anyone who hadn't seen many of the stars' previous action movies ("Rambo," "Lone Wolf McQuade," "Terminator," "Total Recall," and "Die Hard" to name a few). Many references to them. Those guys are all as old as dirt (and they played up to that in the movie), and they were all great. We loved it. :cool:

Great review Barbara...this one sounds good! :)

Back
Top Bottom