What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched Bag of Bones last night. It is based on Stephen Kings book (which I did not read), it was 2 hours and 43 min. long. It was hard at first to figure out what was happening but after a while I got into it.
The book was fantastic! Read the book. I read it twice and listened to the audio (read by Stephen King himself!) twice. The TV movie S T U N K!! It had no heart it was just flat. Read the book or listen to Stephen reading it.

Lawless was good. I love history.

Granted, Hollywood exercises a great deal of creative licence in their movies but many of the "true stories/based on true story movies have led me to research actual events.

:LOL: LP, did your sister's dog look like Bullseye?

Actually Simon was a german shepherd :LOL:. But he was obedience trained and took direction well! ;)

We have watched several movies lately.

MIB 3 - not bad, better than #2.

The Dark Knight Rises - Intense and dark. But I enjoyed Anne Hathaway as Catwoman!

The Mechanic - I remember watching the original years and years ago which I liked. This one was a little too brutal for me - I know that is the point, but you don't have to go overboard.

I have several episodes of Downton Abbey to watch and tomorrow we are planning to take a day trip if the weather is nice so we may be taking a day off from the movies.

Cloud Atlas. It's ineresting the way all the stories connect. It's really interesting seeing the different actors play different characters, sometimes in makeup and personalities that make them almost unrecognizable. I love it.

I don't really get how people said they couldn't follow it. The stories are distinct enough that they are easy to tell appart. I think too many people tried to overthink it.

Cloud Atlas... there's 25 minutes of my life I'll never recover.

Party of five ( Ages 22-85) in complete agreement on an early departure.

Five thumbs down. Not even worth a rental.

We saw "Safe Haven" this afternoon. The daughter called it a Chick flick but I thought it was pretty good. A suprisingly different ending than expected.

We finally watched Looper. Loved it, good time travel story. Keeping up with it was quite the mind trick.

Robot and Frank

An aging thief with a fading memory finds his love for larceny reinvigorated after receiving a companion robot from his concerned son in this tender sci-fi comedy-drama starring Academy Award nominee Frank Langella. Frank (Langella) is a former criminal living out his twilight years in quiet solitude. Though frequent trips to the local library keep him physically active and mentally stimulated, there's little question that his memory isn't what it used to be, and lately his grown children have begun to express concern over the fact that he lives alone. Bestowed a caretaker robot capable of offering engaging interaction and tending to basic household chores, Frank at first resents his android helper. But in time he lets his guard down and begins to actually enjoy the companionship of his new domestic partner. Later, when the future of the local library is threatened, Frank falls back into his old ways and discovers that his robot also doubles as a competent criminal sidekick.

A sweet story. Highly recommend

I watched Double Jeopardy last night with Ashley Judd. I was surprised that it held my interest right to the very last scene. Not a boring moment. :angel:

Last night we watched The Castle which is an Australian movie bought out in 1997, it is a comedy and is just so funny :LOL:

It is easy to relate to being Australian, but I think any nationality would find it funny, Steve certainly did and he is English :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom