What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
feint = A deceptive action calculated to divert attention from one's real purpose.

I am sure you meant "Faint of Heart" = people who are squeamish; someone who is sickened or disturbed by unpleasantness or challenge

Yes, I have my grammar police hat on today...here to make your life...interesting.:mrgreen:

Have ya seen it? I stand by what I said. ;)

Have ya seen it? I stand by what I said. ;)

Nope, have not seen it...it has brief nudity...my luck it'll be Zach G...that can't be unseen. But, I will likely take a fews peeks at it while Shrek has it on. I will keep your opinion in mind.:cool:

pacanis said:
Thanks, J. I pretty much need CC anyway, so subtitles don't bother me.
I had a hunch it might be a series of movies the way it ended. Kind of like the Bourne movies.

I dont mind subtitles either but I was pleasantly surprised to find an english soundtrack as an option of the DVD setup menu for these movies.

My hearing is going also. :(

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
Sorry, I tend to say "Huh?" anytime someone says they can't hear something...:cool:

Also, heh? eh? Hmm? Say again?, speak up, please enunciate, and my personal favorites " Can you please face me when you speak so I can read your lips? or Can we have this conversation when we're both in the same room?....

I'm not making fun here. Loss of hearing is a grim reality for many of us myself included.

Bummer.

Also, heh? eh? Hmm? Say again?, speak up, please enunciate, and my personal favorites " Can you please face me when you speak so I can read your lips? or Can we have this conversation when we're both in the same room?....

I'm not making fun here. Loss of hearing is a grim reality for many of us myself included.

Bummer.

I have to be in the same room and facing people to hear what they are saying. Have had since I was 8 years old. It is a joke in my family because we all sit around and yell at each other, our conversations can be heard out in the middle of the street. It's only a handicap if I allow it to be...

Nope, have not seen it...it has brief nudity...my luck it'll be Zach G...that can't be unseen. But, I will likely take a fews peeks at it while Shrek has it on. I will keep your opinion in mind.:cool:

You might miss the subtleties if you just peek. No worries about Zach G and nudity.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I have to be in the same room and facing people to hear what they are saying. Have had since I was 8 years old. It is a joke in my family because we all sit around and yell at each other, our conversations can be heard out in the middle of the street. It's only a handicap if I allow it to be...

You've got a great attitude about it.

I'm not there yet. I find it very frustrating to have to ask people to repeat themselves all the time.

Also, it seems that no matter how many times I tell people that I don't hear well at all they just don't get it.

I don't go to my sisters for movie night anymore because in order for me to hear the dialogue the volume has to be too loud for everyone else.

Aaargh!!!!

You've got a great attitude about it.

I'm not there yet. I find it very frustrating to have to ask people to repeat themselves all the time.

Also, it seems that no matter how many times I tell people that I don't hear well at all they just don't get it.

I don't go to my sisters for movie night anymore because in order for me to hear the dialogue the volume has to be too loud for everyone else.

Aaargh!!!!

32 years with Shrek and I'm still telling him I can't hear him from the other room or if I'm running water. Of course, we know what Ogre's have in their ears...

i watched "abraham lincoln: vampire hunter" when i couldn't sleep this morning. being a fan of vampire stuff going back to dark shadows, i kinda liked it.

then, when i finally fell asleep, i dreamt our home contractors were vampires and i had to kill them with a silver brad gun. :D

PrincessFiona60 said:
You haven't seen the movie "Shrek"??? You are missing some great fun!:ermm:

I have and really enjoyed it but I don't remember. Sounds like it would be something yucky.

Maybe I subconsciously chose to forget?

32 years with Shrek and I'm still telling him I can't hear him from the other room or if I'm running water.

What IS it with husbands (one of these days I'm gonna make him a "has-band" :mad: ) talking when we have running water two feet from our ears and his mouth 25 feet further? Himself sits in his ginormous recliner in the living room, I'm clear across the house in the kitchen with the water running and my counter TV on...and he's asking me a question. ARRGGHHH!!! I'll admit I have Bat Ears and hear things well, but the nearer source of sound is gonna take precedence. 140+ IQ, some days not a lick of common sense. :LOL: And at this point he's too old to train...:ermm:

What IS it with husbands (one of these days I'm gonna make him a "has-band" :mad: ) talking when we have running water two feet from our ears and his mouth 25 feet further? Himself sits in his ginormous recliner in the living room, I'm clear across the house in the kitchen with the water running and my counter TV on...and he's asking me a question. ARRGGHHH!!! I'll admit I have Bat Ears and hear things well, but the nearer source of sound is gonna take precedence. 140+ IQ, some days not a lick of common sense. :LOL: And at this point he's too old to train...:ermm:

LOL!!! Shrek is the same...but I have him on the ropes, he knows I'm not afraid to send him to the nursing home...he's on his as best behavior as he can get. I did make sure his room was on the other side of my office wall and he was on the best unit with the cute nurses.

I have and really enjoyed it but I don't remember. Sounds like it would be something yucky.

Maybe I subconsciously chose to forget?

Uh OH. Now you have done it. You do realize who The Princess is married to? Only she can make remarks of unhappiness regarding the Shrek. That is the privelidge reserved only for the wife. :angel:

Addie said:
Uh OH. Now you have done it. You do realize who The Princess is married to? Only she can make remarks of unhappiness regarding the Shrek. That is the privelidge reserved only for the wife. :angel:

Laughing! Hey, I like ogres I just don't need to know what's in their ears.

Same for people, cats, dogs, giraffes...

Back
Top Bottom