What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i can't imagine how male gynecologists feel. they must have wives that are wonderfully intellectually stimulating, and hearts that love beyond bounds.

in other words, the luckiest guys on earth.

back on track, i watched "hannah" this morning. i really liked it, sort of a "bourne" thing, but with a young, teenage/ tween aged girl instead if good will hunting.

I don't go to my sisters for movie night anymore because in order for me to hear the dialogue the volume has to be too loud for everyone else.

Aaargh!!!!

"TV Ears" jharris, they work great! They are portable you could take them to your sister's house and not miss movie night. I bought DH some for Christmas a couple of years ago. I got tired of not being able to hear myself think because the TV was so loud.

"TV Ears" jharris, they work great! They are portable you could take them to your sister's house and not miss movie night. I bought DH some for Christmas a couple of years ago. I got tired of not being able to hear myself think because the TV was so loud.

Himself uses headphones. We have the TV connected to our receiver and DVD player. Whenever he watches TV or a movie alone he'll wear those so I can read in peace. I suppose if his hearing was way worse than mine he could still use them but we'd also leave the audio on for me. He got into the habit of wearing headphones in our last house since our master bedroom was directly off of the family room. If I went to be before he did I was a mere hollow core door and 20 feet away from a loud TV!

LOL! If I'm sleeping I want to be able to hear the TV, if all I get is a murmur, I'm kept awake by trying to hear what is going on, especially if Shrek is laughing...I just gotta know!

LOL! If I'm sleeping I want to be able to hear the TV, if all I get is a murmur, I'm kept awake by trying to hear what is going on, especially if Shrek is laughing...I just gotta know!

I sleep with the TV on 90% of the time. Bad habit I guess, or I might have woken up more when my dogs alerted me to the prowlers the other month. This morning I woke up with the need to buy the Total Gym :wacko:

I sleep with the TV on 90% of the time. Bad habit I guess, or I might have woken up more when my dogs alerted me to the prowlers the other month. This morning I woke up with the need to buy the Total Gym :wacko:

Yeah, that's the only time I am influenced by commercials, when I'm asleep!:LOL:

Somebunny said:

That's a thought. Are they wireless?

I so agree. Generally speaking hollywood hasn't had an original idea in decades.

Whenever a "new" movie comes out I google the title.

If as in most cases I find that the "new" movie is just a remake I try to rent the original.

In the majority of cases this practice has served me well.

Having said that I must add that I am a traditionalist and tend to gravitate toward the original.

As just one example, I enjoyed the 1962 version of Cape Fear with Robert Mitchum and Gregory Peck much more than the 1991 version with DeNiro and Nolte even though I'm a huge DeNiro fan.

I'm not much for sequels either. Most times they are produced in order to maximize on public excitement and sure to disappoint.

Good for the studios, bad for the discriminating fan.

There are exceptions however.

The Tolkien books, the Harry Potter series, The girl... series etc. were written as serials and as such translated well to the big screen.

To put the shoe on the other foot :ermm: or something like that, if I hadn't seen the Nolte/DeNiro version I never would have hunted down and watched the Peck/Mitchum original.
Sometimes it takes a Hollywood remake to bring the original back into the light.
I still want to see those Japanese movies the Clint Eastwood man with no name trilogy was based from, but it might be hard to accept them with the fame of the Hollywood version. Lesser movies it's easy to like the original just as much, IMO.

But there will only be one Tony Montana for this guy. And that was Al Pacino :)

pacanis said:
To put the shoe on the other foot :ermm: or something like that, if I hadn't seen the Nolte/DeNiro version I never would have hunted down and watched the Peck/Mitchum original.
Sometimes it takes a Hollywood remake to bring the original back into the light.

I still want to see those Japanese movies the Clint Eastwood man with no name trilogy was based from, but it might be hard to accept them with the fame of the Hollywood version. Lesser movies it's easy to like the original just as much, IMO.

But there will only be one Tony Montana for this guy. And that was Al Pacino :)

Point well taken Pac.

I had no idea that the TMWNN trilogy was based on Japanese films.

Please PM me when you discover them.

If I'm not mistaken one of my favorite classics The Magnificent Seven was based on the Japanese film Seven Samurai.

So of course you are correct. It works both ways.

:)

i watched "volunteers" this morning.

good, silly comedy.

john candy was great in this, nevermind tom hanks.

tom tuttle, from tacoma, washington.

"you're a big kitty cat, yes you are..."

Back
Top Bottom