What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"IT" was great...not the best acting etc but still a good film

You're talking about the Steven King TV movie, right Kylie? Otherwise I'm way off base....Tim Curry played Pennywise the clown in IT. I didn't realize that. I read an article that said he was recovering from a stroke. Loved him in "Rocky Horror".

Plan to watch "Magic Mike" tonight. :yum:

Last edited:
You're talking about the Steven King TV movie, right Kylie? Otherwise I'm way off base....Tim Curry played Pennywise the clown in IT. I didn't realize that. I read an article that said he was recovering from a stroke. Loved him in "Rocky Horror".

Tim Curry's stroke happened last July, he is doing much better now.

One of my favorite actors in many movies.

I thought the stroke was recent, too. i just read about it yesterday.
He was in several Rosanne episods, too.
I didn't realize he was Pennywise.
Everything floats.

I remember watching part one of IT, it REALLY creeped me out, brilliant. The rest after that was kinda disappointing to me. Glad Kylie enjoyed it!

Yes, that is the one DL :)

I agree, Tim Curry does a great Pennywise ;)

I think he was certainly the best actor in the movie :)

Wanna balloon Georgie? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I remember watching part one of IT, it REALLY creeped me out, brilliant. The rest after that was kinda disappointing to me. Glad Kylie enjoyed it!

We were the same DL...the first half was great, but the next not so much....that spider was pretty bad :LOL:

i watched "apocalypto" again with some friends who've never seen it before.

i tried to explain the whole mayan culture thing, but they couldn't care less. :glare:

i guess you'd have had to have gone to cancun before, to chichen itza, and xel ha and the like to be interested.

Loved "Apocalypto"! We have friends who are Mayan, and we frequent the Yucatan as much as we can. That said, it's still an enjoyable, bloody, violent and disturbing movie. Best of all worlds.

"Magic Mike" is good. The last half was a bit slow, but the movie is overall enjoyable.

Can't wait for Michael Douglas in the Liberace movie "Behind the Candelabra" tomorrow!

Last edited:
Just finished watching Dredd, was a lot better than the first one. Attack of the Clones is on now...until I'm ready to sleep.

Loved "Apocalypto"! We have friends who are Mayan, and we frequent the Yucatan as much as we can. That said, it's still an enjoyable, bloody, violent and disturbing movie. Best of all worlds.

i find the mayan culture fascinating. i guess it's from spending time in quintana roo and for a short period, living with the locals. but they're a great people. funny, smart, humble, hardworking, and most welcoming.

i long to go back.

Spoiler alert.

I just watched Star Trek Into Darkness, and all I'll say is think Khan revamped. It was a good movie, hopefully the next one will be a little more original than this. It's as if someone dared JJ Abrams to do a better Khan story.

Glad you enjoyed it...we are going to see it soon too :)

Saw Django unchaged last night. Have mixed feelings about it. Could not figure out if it was a serious film, or as always for Torentino a spoof.

Tim Curry's stroke happened last July, he is doing much better now.

One of my favorite actors in many movies.

I have been wondering about Tim Curry as I hadn't seen much of him lately and he is one of my all time faves. I loved him in "IT", "Rocky Horror", "Legend", and the super silly "Clue" to name just a few. I am glad he is getting better.

We watched "Grease" last night. Hard to believe that movie is 35 years old, and based on a time 20 years before that! I mean it is hokey, Stockard Channing and Olivia Newton-John were playing characters half their ages, and John Travolta was off key more than a few times, but the music is great and timeless.

Michael Douglas as Liberace in "Behind the Candelabra" last night was mesmerizing. He WAS Liberace. Matt Damon was great as well. I have a feeling some awards might be coming.

Last edited:
This afternoon we watched Escape From Planet Earth....not bad, but not as good as some CGI films we have seen

Back
Top Bottom