What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched Mirror, Mirror, loved it!!! Very funny. And then last night I watched Hancock, twice...love that movie, too!

Volume II is great. Pick it up.

Watching Best in Show right now.
Pretty much a documentary on dog show people, lol.

Michael Douglas as Liberace in "Behind the Candelabra" last night was mesmerizing. He WAS Liberace. Matt Damon was great as well. I have a feeling some awards might be coming.

That's one of the few movies I wish I could watch now when it's released instead of waiting for a Netflix DVD. I didn't used to like Matt Damon, but he has chosen to play some very interesting characters -- seems to like offbeat things the way Johnny Depp has done. I liked Liberace and his brother George back when. So talented, so vamp, so out there.

One more -- what I watched last night: The Story of the Weeping Camel, takes place in the Gobi Desert, shows the birth of a handsome little white camel whose mother doesn't take to him. Talk about different lives. They seem to exist on mutton and various forms of milk -- not a vegetable in miles. What's up with that?

I've loved every Christopher Guest movie I've seen. Quirky sense of humor that I relate to. I think my favorite is "Waiting for Guffman" since I've done little theatre and was able to pair each of the movie characters with someone I've actually known! His movies are like kids though - you really can't pick a favorite. :LOL:

With him being married to Jamie Lee Curtis I can't imagine how wacky their house must be!

Ooo, now I want to go rewatch all his movies...

I hung out with dog show people when I was a teen...those people are crazy and the movie is the absolute truth!

I Like Vol II as much as I like Vol I, but I've only seen II once.

Saw Flight last night, I think they did a good job, because by the middle of the movie I hated him and his drinking, or rather inability to stop.
But I have a technical question? Is it really possible to fly that way?

fairhaven. my kind of movie. in general, i don't like horror films, thrillers, or action movies. no big surprise, i don't see many movies today. there are few character-driven movies out there, few dramas. my taste in movies is shared by no more than 5% of moviegoers. so i read books instead....

Had to watch Pirates, Curse of the Black Pearl again last night for the umpteenth time, then Men In Black 3, which wasn't as good as the first one, but still enjoyable.

That's one of the few movies I wish I could watch now when it's released instead of waiting for a Netflix DVD. I didn't used to like Matt Damon, but he has chosen to play some very interesting characters -- seems to like offbeat things the way Johnny Depp has done. I liked Liberace and his brother George back when. So talented, so vamp, so out there.

it took me a while to warm to matt damon too. an even bigger sin in moviedom--i am only now getting ready to like leonardo dicaprio. i think he looks like the gatsby i envisioned in the book. i have never thought him handsome, or possessing sex appeal which for a leading man, seems to be a desirable, if not necessary trait to have....

We saw "Now you see it" tonight. I found it slow to get the story line started, then there was some action/adventure but found the ending to be confusing.

OMG. Happy Feet 2 is OUTSTANDING!!! We laughed, we cried, it was all so good! Damn, I so wish I'd recorded it.

DH and I were apparently 12 yo's in a previous life.

:ROFLMAO: Will and Bill Krill. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm trying to smooth out my smile muscles. My face hurts.

Now we're watching Ice Age:Continental Drift.

And, we had to watch Happy Feet 2 again. Couldn't help it. I recorded it this time!

Last edited:
Over the weekend we watched a small drama-comedy called ''Oranges''.Thought it was a very good DVD about two families in a New Jersey suburb. Very adult with good acting. Also saw "Jack Reacher" DVD with Tom Cruise,not a big ''T.C.'' fan but it was well done with a very good story that didn't rely on special effects and ''C.G.I.''although it did have very good car chase scenes and good acting. Followed ''Reachers'' profile from the book series pretty well.Not sure I would pay full price at the local cinema, but liked the DVds.

Back
Top Bottom