What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've found that the things not eligible for prime are the things not fulfilled by Amazon, but sold by other merchants. This keeps my purchases with Amazon fulfillment most of the time so I can take advantage of prime!

I've found that the things not eligible for prime are the things not fulfilled by Amazon, but sold by other merchants. This keeps my purchases with Amazon fulfillment most of the time so I can take advantage of prime!

I don't order that much on the internet or Amazon. So I haven't paid much attention to any of that information. But I think it is time I burst my 'bubble of ignoring' and start learning and paying attention. I have gotten so used to having Spike take care of everything for me, that I just float along thinking that if anything is wrong he will catch it and fix it for me. I ordered a springform pan the other day. If I had told Spike about wanting it I could have saved ten dollars. He has a gift card that I could have applied to my order. And he has Prime, so I could have ordered it under his account. I was never this way with money matters. You would think I was Rockfeller and could just throw money around lately.:wacko: I need to get back on track. :angel:

Wrath of the Titans. Meh. First one broke mythology, this one discarded it. It wouldn't be so bad if the storylines were actually intersting but they weren't. Both movies are pretty forgetable. I'll stick to the original Clash of the Titans (not mythologically acurate either but it's more entertaining).

We went to see “The Sapphires” today. Terrific film based on a true story of 4 Australian Aboriginal sisters who form an R & B girl band and entertain the troops in Viet Nam ca 1968. Terrific Music. The story seems a bit romanticized, even sweet if you will, given its time and setting. There is a little bit of history to be learned from the film. Also while the music fits the film, some of it is out of context, that is some songs were not produced or recorded until some years later. A minor quibble. It makes up for this with all the feel good energy . I think the actors did their own singing, so that’s a plus. The movie made me want to get up and dance in the aisles. And I’m not a dancer kind of guy. Luckily, I think they frown on this at the movies, even in the dark. If you see this, stay for the end credits. Due out on dvd in August.

Last edited:
We went to see “The Sapphires” today. Terrific film based on a true story of 4 Australian Aboriginal sisters who form an R & B girl band and entertain the troops in Viet Nam ca 1968. Terrific Music. The story seems a bit romanticized, even sweet if you will, given its time and setting. There is a little bit of history to be learned from the film. Also while the music fits the film, some of it is out of context, that is some songs were not produced or recorded until some years later. A minor quibble. It makes up for this with all the feel good energy . I think the actors did their own singing, so that’s a plus. The movie made me want to get up and dance in the aisles. And I’m not a dancer kind of guy. Luckily, I think they frown on this at the movies, even in the dark. If you see this, stay for the end credits. Due out on dvd in August.

Whisk, my mum saw that months ago and really enjoyed it too...I must get it :)

For Father's Day, Mrs. K took me to see "Man of Steel" in IMAX 3D. I've seen every Superman movie, but I think I like this new one the best. The film has sort of a dark feel - the same sort of treatment that was done with the Batman franchise in recent years.

Henry Cavill and the guy who plays General Zod both do a great job with their characters. The special effects and 3D were also outstanding and gave the movie a sense of realism, however, I felt some of the battle scenes were a little long and over the top. I guess that's typical Hollywood these days, though.

I watched a movie that was so dumb that you really couldn't stop watching it. It was called Rubber. It was so strange.

I finally saw Money Ball last night.
And before that the Skin I live In (or something like that... very strange movie).

Right now I'm watching Moonstruck. Again.

Started watching Cloud Atlas last night. Seriously bizarre. Stooped in the middle somewhere. Could not watch it anymore, even with the help of DW, and she read the book.

Back
Top Bottom