What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm? Am I supposed to glean that movies that feature Keanu Reeves have limited vocabulary? If so, this movie definitely did not qualify. It was quite good.

Katie missed Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure??? The most hilarious, pointless movie in history? Whoa, Dude!

Hmmm? Am I supposed to glean that movies that feature Keanu Reeves have limited vocabulary? If so, this movie definitely did not qualify. It was quite good.

They say "Whoa, dude!" a lot in the movie :LOL: But there's more to it. It really is worth seeing. Especially if you like Queen.

DH and I saw part of Grease today. He's still in love with the 20-something Olivia Newton-John (don't tell him she's aged along with the rest of us). I still love the music.

Katie missed Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure??? The most hilarious, pointless movie in history? Whoa, Dude!

Don't forget Point Break, River's Edge, Parenthood... I'm sure there are others where Keanu is typecast in his usual burnout/surfer/valley type dude. He might even say it a few times in the Matrix movies :LOL:
Maybe he even has it copyrighted!

When watching his movies we tend to cheer when he says "whoa" as a lot of his movies have it as some point. Kind of like a trademark of his.

We are watching Anna Karenina right now.

We also have Gangster Squad for later.

When watching his movies we tend to cheer when he says "whoa" as a lot of his movies have it as some point. Kind of like a trademark of his.

We are watching Anna Karenina right now.

We also have Gangster Squad for later.

Gangster Squad was great!!!

Heard of the "Bill and Ted" thing but never have seen it. I must live in a bubble.

As things go, I'm not much of a movie person, which might account for not seeing a lot of what I see folks posting in this thread.

As a matter of fact, we've been moved to watch some of the movies reviewed here because neither Glenn nor I have seen so many of them.

Heard of the "Bill and Ted" thing but never have seen it. I must live in a bubble.

As things go, I'm not much of a movie person, which might account for not seeing a lot of what I see folks posting in this thread.

As a matter of fact, we've been moved to watch some of the movies reviewed here because neither Glenn nor I have seen so many of them.

Honest Katie, you only missed a lot of nonsense...it's definitely a movie geared more towards kids in their teens and maybe 20's. It's really not necessary for you to see everything out there.:)

We watched two DVDs over the weekend '' Paranormal #4'' Same old story, starting to get a boring. The second was ''Mama'' By Guillermo Del Toro [Pans Labyrinth]. Starring Jessica Chastain. A horror Film with a good story and special effects, sort of creepy but worth the watch. mysterychef

We watched two DVDs over the weekend '' Paranormal #4'' Same old story, starting to get a boring. The second was ''Mama'' By Guillermo Del Toro [Pans Labyrinth]. Starring Jessica Chastain. A horror Film with a good story and special effects, sort of creepy but worth the watch. mysterychef

Just watching the trailer for Mama gave me a nightmare, my screaming scared the heck out of Shrek!

Last night, due to free Showtime this weekend, I finally got to see The Twilight Saga; Breaking Dawn Part 1. Like I've said before, I love a good vampire/werewolf story. Unfortunately I guess even a very bad one will keep me occupied :ermm:
Aside from throwing up more times in the first thirty minutes than Bella Swan did, all I can say is I did not turn it off. This segment in the series was pretty much BS the whole way through. From her wedding where everyone was acting hokey telling her how beautiful she looked, to her concentration camp look where everyone was acting hokey not saying anything. BTW, I heard she had to lose 5 lbs to play the sick scenes. Yes, this one was very heavy on BS.

In our estimation, we wasted a Netflix choice when we watched The Da Vinci Code. It was a bit too long, confusing and difficult, what with the subtitles. I understand French and it was a challenge for me. I had just recently, about 2 weeks ago, read the book and I even found the movie hard to follow. We are finding it hard to understand what all the hullabaloo was about it when it first appeared in the theatres.

We watched Despicable Me in 3D, the first one the other night, just in time for heading to the cinema to see DM2 today

The daughter & I went & saw "World War Z", in 3 D, this afternoon. Action/thriller, edge of your seat kind of movie. I had to close my eyes a couple of times. They did not put much into any type of strong relationships in the movie. Had a pretty good ending.

We saw ''Hansel and Gretel ''on D.V.D.over the weekend. It was surprisingly good. A very updated version rated ''R' 'of Witches, Witchunters, and Trolls. Well done, very creepy.Have seen many action movies with worse violence rated PG-13. One brief love scene while swimming, urned it an adult rating. mysterychef

Last edited:
We saw ''Hansel and Gretel ''on D.V.D.over the weekend. It was surprisingly good. A very updated version rated ''R' 'of Witches, Witchunters, and Trolls. Well done, very creepy.Have seen many action movies with worse violence rated PG-13. One brief love scene while swimming, urned it an adult rating. mysterychef

Somehow we must have seen different versions on this one. The acting was horrible, the plot predictable and the continuity broken. But it sure was fun. :D

Back
Top Bottom