What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eh? We rented the movie at RedBox. :)

I know...but I get lotsa movies on the cable...we already spend that money monthly, so I don't rent at Redbox's or Netflix's...to my shame and humiliation there are some movies I just have to buy..."Hansel & Gretel" wasn't one of them.

I did buy a quaint movie called "Quartet" will have to see what's on tonight and if there is nothing watch it.

Not a bad plan, though we picked it up at the red kiosky thing for a buck and a half.

Even cheaper if it's just as close, check your library for movies and such. With system wide sharing among all the locations here in central and kinda-west MA we have over 8,000 titles we can pick from! Sometimes you have to wait, but it IS free when you see it! "Silver Linings Playbook" is waiting for me. I'll pick it up when I go vote tomorrow.

Even cheaper if it's just as close, check your library for movies and such. With system wide sharing among all the locations here in central and kinda-west MA we have over 8,000 titles we can pick from! Sometimes you have to wait, but it IS free when you see it! "Silver Linings Playbook" is waiting for me. I'll pick it up when I go vote tomorrow.

Thank you. $1.50 is fine for renting. And I get it now. Also I don't have to deal with the local library system. :mad:

A Netflix French film, "El Bulli: Cooking in Progress." The Wow effect is wearing off, as it was a few days ago, but the movie was about a 'famous' restaurant (new to me) that periodically closes to spend months concocting new and unusual dishes for their clientele. Fascinating - to me, anyway. Meals must cost hundreds.

Sorry - correction: Scratch the French connection: the restaurant is in Barcelona. So I feel like a fool once again. I'm almost getting used to it.

We have watched quite a few movies lately, with various reviews:

Joyful Noise - Loved it! Dolly and Latifah in the same movie, what more needs to be said! Kris Kristofferson looked and sounded pretty rough though.

The Brothers Bloom - the trailers looked really good on this one and we were looking forward to it. While watching it I was looking forward to the end. Great acting from some great actors, but the plot just didn't do anything for me.

Wreck-it-Ralph - I didn't have any high hopes for this one and loved every minute of it. It was fun, nostalgic and very well done!

Hoodwinked - Again, the voice acting was great, and once it got to the end where the story finally unfolded, it was cute, but I was quite bored to be honest.

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey - We watched this last night and it didn't disappoint as far as being part of the LotR franchise, but there seemed to be a lot more gruesome violence in it. I do look forward to the next one however!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom