What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a movie I checked out from the library and hadn't seen yet...

WOW! WOW! MEGA WOW! We watched The Sixth Sense, which was a 1999 Bruce Willis film. Incredible movie. Haley Joel Osment was phenomenal as the young boy!! I highly recommend you see this if you haven't.

I loved that movie Katie!! I saw it in '99 on the big screen and it blew me away! I very seldom watch a movie more than once, but that one would be really worth it. Remarkable.
By the way, I remember someone in front of me coming in after the movie started and them not getting the movie at all when it was over. :wacko:

Sixth Sense, one of my all time favorites.
I've used a spin on one of the famous lines here a couple times.

Last edited:
Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke. I about split a gut, haven't seen it in milleniums. Cheech Marin is now a sought-after actor, and Tommy Chong has a PhD and collects art. Who knew?

And the last two thirds of The Full Monty. Always fun!

I went through Amazon instant video for this, but I saw the solid documentary Somewhere Between.

It is a look at kids adopted from China that now live in the USA.

We were channel surfing last night and came across a 1968 film, Once Upon A Time in the Old West. It starred Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale, along with other recognized actors.

It was a long film and sort of bizarre in a fascinating way. We almost turned the channel but somehow got hooked and watched the whole thing.

One thing that struck me was that, at that time, Claudia Cardinale was touted as a hot, seductive commodity. In this movie, she didn't come off that way at all to me. However, not being a man, perhaps I missed something. What I saw was simply a very pretty woman.

In the movie's favor I will note that the ending had a very nice twist to it.

Trust me on this, Katie, she's hot, lol.
That's one of my favorite westerns.

We watched a 2013 movie, 'Prisoners', last night. What an intense film about a neighbor who kidnaps two little girls. Very good film. There were a couple of parts in the film I couldn't connect so I'll probably watch it again this week.

OK. Who besides me has that harmonica playing in their head?

I do...but I am watching, The Return of Frank James, with Henry Fonda...so it kinda brings back the other movie, too!

I love the scene where Jack Elam has the fly in the gun barrel. (OUATITW)

Jack Elam. I can never remember his name.
There are some actors suited for certain roles and he plays a classic cowboy very well. Just like Aldo Ray is a classic soldier.

We recently watched Iron Man 3 for the first time. I don't often like the third movie in a series, but this one was excellent! The story didn't get old.

Tonight we go back to our Harry Potter marathon. I think we are on movie number 6 of the 8. It is very interesting watching them close together like this - I am getting so much more out of them that I have seeing them individually (even several times).

Yeah, that one was a wait for video or cable event for us.
Well, I borrowed a dvd copy and saw it last night on tv. But my 18 yr old grandson who's seen it 3 times on IMAX thought otherwise and told me this was not the type of film to watch on a big screen tv, no matter what size. I gave him that on visual and audio content but other than that it was...blah.... There was no comparison to say, Apollo 13, which I really enjoyed, on the small screen.

Well, I borrowed a dvd copy and saw it last night on tv. But my 18 yr old grandson who's seen it 3 times on IMAX thought otherwise and told me this was not the type of film to watch on a big screen tv, no matter what size. I gave him that on visual and audio content but other than that it was...blah.... There was no comparison to say, Apollo 13, which I really enjoyed, on the small screen.

Visual and audio are fine, but there has to be a story. The size of the screen will not matter if the story is good.

Last night we watched our Netflix disk of a Sandra Bullock movie, The Heat. It was hilarious. The woman who ultimately became her partner, Mullins, was a scream. We laughed and I know, because we laughed so much, we had to have missed other funny moments. I'll never be able to look at a coffee filter again without laughing.

Visual and audio are fine, but there has to be a story. The size of the screen will not matter if the story is good.
Exactly. There was no story in Gravity. I can certainly understand being a visual treat in a 3-D theater, but that's all...
I don't understand all the hype and nominations behind this film.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom