What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, Harold. I hadn't heard this yet.
I liked him as Seth Rogen's father in Knocked Up. It seemed the fitting part for the characters we associate them with.

Yes, Egon is gone... We just watched Stripes yesterday. I am saddened, he was two years older than Shrek.

American Hustle - wasn't sure I was going to enjoy it after the first ten minutes, but it turned out to be a very good film. Christian Bale is the man! Also watched Wolf of Wall Street a few weeks ago - great film!

Just watched 2 more episodes of House of Cards. Boy, these guys are getting brutal. And I love it.

roadfix----- have you seen the original House of Cards (Masterpiece) and if you have did you think this version was better or worse than it?

That's a trick question, sort of, because I really want to know but after watching the original this new one paled. I love Kevin Spacey and he did do a good job---- but the story just wasn't the same.

But I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD and probably b***h the whole time. :)

Mysterious Creatures, starring Brenda Blethyn and Timothy Spall, two fine actors. No matter how bad the day has been, theirs was worse. Based on fact. Maybe a Harold Ramis comedy could lift the pall.

No, I never saw the original series. That's probably a good thing as I have nothing to compare this series to. :)

You have a real treat in store for you if you ever do watch the original! And you'll see where this latest version falls by the wayside. They're almost like two different stories. Am I biased? You betcha!

This weekend we watched Beautiful Creatures, which we both liked, and Finding Neverland, which I liked.

Just watched YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU. I enjoyed watching this old (1938) black and white film. The stars where Jean Arthur, Lionel Barrymore, Jimmy Stewart, Edward Arnold and many more of the wonderful actors from back then.

I watched Chasing Shackleton, a three part series on PBS.

Chasing Shackleton | PBS

"The series follows a crew of five intrepid explorers led by renowned adventurer, scientist and author Tim Jarvis as they re-create Shackleton’s epic sea-and-land voyage in a replica of the original explorers’ boat, using only the tools and supplies his team used."

It was exciting and nerve-wracking and instructing. I couldn't believe that those (modern men) would put themselves through it, even though there was a 'fail-safe' boat following them (mandated by law). The trek over the South Georgia Island was harrowing. (Have I used quite enough adjectives?)

I'm watching "Platoon". It's as sick and disturbing as I remember seeing it for the first time almost 30 years ago.

Last edited:
I just watched Happy People: A Year in the Taiga, a documentary. Found it fascinating, especially about how hand-made tools were used. The name of the movie is unfortunate, in my opinion, because it evokes images of 'happy people' dancing and singing Kumbaya (o.k., wrong nation). They were more like people who have come to terms with their life (I hope I'm right in saying that) and are more 'content' than happy. I may be wrong--- watch it an see.

"Storyline
In the center of the story is the life of the indigenous people of the village Bakhtia at the river Yenisei in the Siberian Taiga. The camera follows the protagonists in the village over a period of a year. The natives, whose daily routines have barely changed over the last centuries, keep living their lives according to their own cultural traditions. The expressive pictures are accompanied by original sound bites quoting the villagers."

Happy People: A Year in the Taiga (2010) - IMDb

I saw that a couple months ago, Cave. Interesting doc.

I watched The Lost Lagoon (1958) this morning, earlier morning that is. Kind of sad. Poor guy.
And just finished watching Butter. Quirky comedy with overtones.

Back
Top Bottom