What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes, again. Saving The Desolation of Smaug for tomorrow night. Also picked up August: Osage County, Shrek wanted to see that one and I think it will be good.

I've been meaning to watch Rise again in preperation of the next installment.

It gets extremely real when you actually walk through the ruins of Pompeii.:ermm:

I would like to be able to go there some day. Have you been there? I would be very interested to hear about it, if you are willing to share. :)

I recently watched "The Magic of Belle Isle", with Morgan Freeman and Virginia Madsen, on Netflix. I'm a big Morgan Freeman fan, I could listen to his voice forever.

It's a nice 'feel good' movie, about inspiration and hope. Predictable, but a good one. :)
We share the same interest. I am also very interested in ancient history. I will check this movie out, sounds good. Morgan Freeman is very talented.

It gets extremely real when you actually walk through the ruins of Pompeii.:ermm:

I'd love to hear about it as well, Craig. I will never get there at this point in my life. It must have been mind boggling to actually go there.

Watched, The Hobbit~~Desolation of Smaug, loved it!

Watching Love Actually, one of the best movies ever.

Oh, I'll have to look that one up. I love Liam. :)

I recently watched 'The Mission' (1986) for the second time and was surprised to see a very young, earnest Liam Neeson in the cast. A good film with a historical bent, starring Jeremy Irons & Robert De Niro, with a brief appearance by Aiden Quinn, also very young and earnest.

I recently watched 'The Mission' (1986) for the second time and was surprised to see a very young, earnest Liam Neeson in the cast. A good film with a historical bent, starring Jeremy Irons & Robert De Niro, with a brief appearance by Aiden Quinn, also very young and earnest.

Liam Neeson was also in Love Actually, loved his story in the movie.

And that older movie with Cher where he played the framed bum and she was the attorney or something.
And the remake of Mutiny on the Bounty. That's semi old now.
It seems his first bigger part was the father protecting his son (the T2 kid). That I remember anyway. Too lazy to look it up.
He's an actor who has worked his way up.

The Mission has one of the most heart-rending pieces of music ever. I never tire of hearing it. Here it is on YouTube ----- the first 2:15 minutes are the most evocative but listen to the entire piece if you have the interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oag1Dfa1e_E

I watched The Fifth Estate last night. imdb.com says this:
"A dramatic thriller based on real events that reveals the quest to expose the deceptions and corruptions of power that turned an Internet upstart into the 21st century's most fiercely debated organization."

Actually it's about Julian Assange and Wikileaks. With the plus of having Benedict Cumberbatch as Assange.

I loved it----- but then whistle-blower stories are right next to serial killers in my Love List.

We watched The Desolation of Smaug. We are huge Tokien geeks. The ending of the movie was cliff hanger and its been so long since I've read the book that I'm trying to remember what happens next. I have the book but don't want to just re-read it because at least now it will all seem new.

We watched The Desolation of Smaug. We are huge Tokien geeks. The ending of the movie was cliff hanger and its been so long since I've read the book that I'm trying to remember what happens next. I have the book but don't want to just re-read it because at least now it will all seem new.

I know what happens next!!!! :w00t2:

AGREED! Really enjoyed that movie, such powerful acting. I really enjoy Meryl Streep, and the cast was excellent overall.

I was busy deciding who was playing who in my family. Not that my Mom is like the Meryl Streep Character...but, my Grandmother was.

Back
Top Bottom