What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched "The Blind Side" today, with Sandra Bullock. I saw it a few years ago when it first came out and when I saw it was replaying I made sure to record it. True story, and a great movie, IMO.

I watched Night Train, one of the worst films ever made, in it's entirety last night! YES--- I watched the whole thing!

"Two Passengers and the conductor discover that a person has passed away on their Night Train cabin. They come across valuable diamonds on his person, that they wish to keep for themselves. So, to make it look like the man never boarded the train, they conspire to dump his body in a river that the train passes. Their scheme to get rid of the corpse escalates to the point where they have to chop up his body just to fit him into a small trunk. They then become paranoid, as they might turn on each other."

Night Train (2009) - Plot Summary - IMDb

Since Danny Glover was in it, plus LeeLee Sobieski was in it I took a chance---- plus any movie that has a corpse being hacked up is all right by me!

Why did I watch it all? Beats the heck out of me!

Our Netflix selection last night was The Monuments Men. Wow, what a film! The cast was an unusual mix: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman and more, but the ensemble worked very, very well.

The story was mind boggling and the volume of art and valuables that was involved was way beyond what my mind could comprehend. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around what was destroyed and/or is lost forever.

Not a movie---- but just watch the first installment of Fargo (TV series) on TV last night.

GREAT! If you didn't like Fargo, the movie, you won't like this. It's not a copycat of the movie but there are a lot of similarities.

An update of my review of Fargo the TV series with Billy Bob Thornton:

I've vacillated between really liking it and wondering---- where are they going with this. Some episodes have left me cold then the next one picks me up again.
Anyone else watching it---- and what are your opinions?

I watch Monuments Men last night. It could have so much better (I thought) than it was. The subject was a great one. George Clooney was yummy as always. But it just didn't jell for me. Just my opinion, of course.

I watch Monuments Men last night. It could have so much better (I thought) than it was. The subject was a great one. George Clooney was yummy as always. But it just didn't jell for me. Just my opinion, of course.

See my post below (#6127) for another point of view. Not all films are for everyone. We viewed this one not so much for entertainment as for history.

See my post below (#6127) for another point of view. Not all films are for everyone. We viewed this one not so much for entertainment as for history.

Yes, I'd read your post and agree that the subject was a fascinating one. I guess I just thought it could have been edited better (and don't ask me how I would do that----above my pay grade :LOL:) and I thought it would have better as a documentary.

It took me a while to find this old Masterpiece show. It was also a production about hiding art treasures. Parts of it are fictional but the background evidently wasn't.

"Frank Cottrell Boyce, bestselling author of Framed, explores the fascinating real-life history behind the story and adapting the book for television.

During World War II, Winston Churchill made the safety of the paintings in the National Gallery his personal responsibility. Art is often looted in wartime (that's how a lot of the paintings in the gallery got there in the first place), and he was determined that it wouldn't happen in London. The paintings were hidden in a vast cave, in a slate mine, a mile underground in the remote town of Blaenau Ffestiniog in North Wales. "

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/framed/boyce.html

Either way it's worth a look. Netflix has it.

Masterpiece Contemporary: Framed

When London's National Gallery moves its treasured art collection to an abandoned mine during the museum's renovations, quiet curator Quentin (Trevor Eve), who's in charge of the operation, gets to know the eccentric residents of a nearby Welsh village. While the relocated masterpieces alter the villagers' lives, Quentin falls in love with a local schoolteacher (Eve Myles) in this family drama based on Frank Cottrell Boyce's children's novel.

Last edited:
Watching The 'Perfect Storm'. Good movie, haven't seen it in a while. I didn't notice before that the corrupt warden from 'Shawshank Redemption' is in it.

My daughter & I saw "The fault in the stars" Friday night. Awesome movie! A real tear jerker!

We watched "Django Unchained". Wow. DH had planned to watch "the game" (whatever that was) but he too got hooked and we couldn't stop watching it. Loved it, even though the end was a bit lame. As I kept telling DH, "It's Quentin Tarentino".

In the last couple of weeks I have watched over 250 movies.. go from DVD to file on one of my network drives. Hope to get all the DVDs on there soonish. Box em all up and store em at that point. Then we can watch any of them via the network and the magic of DLNA.

Wow, Frank, that is a lot of movies! That will take you quite awhile to go through I am sure!

We just finished watching Despicable Me (the first one). I think we were the only two people on earth who hadn't seen it. It was very cute and now I am looking forward to the second one!

Watching The 'Perfect Storm'. Good movie, haven't seen it in a while. I didn't notice before that the corrupt warden from 'Shawshank Redemption' is in it.

The one thing that bothered me about this movie is that it based on a true story but how could they know any of what happened when they lost radio contact with the boat. All of that was pure speculation. It was a good movie, don't get me wrong, but that has always stuck in my mind.

The one thing that bothered me about this movie is that it based on a true story but how could they know any of what happened when they lost radio contact with the boat. All of that was pure speculation. It was a good movie, don't get me wrong, but that has always stuck in my mind.

Having been married to a fisherman that fished out of Gloucester and Boston, I can just about vouch that before the boat went down, there was some communication between the boat and the Coast Guard. I remember when the boat went missing. The Coast Guard and most of the Gloucester fleet looked for her for days before they declared the boat and crew lost at sea.

I have never seen the movie, but I can tell you it is a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach when you get word that your husband has been picked up swimming in the Atlantic while the boat is sitting at the bottom because it threw a plank. To this day my heart goes out to the six families that lost a loved one that day. :angel:

Last edited:
Wow, Frank, that is a lot of movies! That will take you quite awhile to go through I am sure!

We just finished watching Despicable Me (the first one). I think we were the only two people on earth who hadn't seen it. It was very cute and now I am looking forward to the second one!

"It's a FLUFFY!!!"

Love that movie!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom