What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My best friend and I went to see The Hundred-Foot Journey. Excellent movie and unexpectedly sweet. The story is great and the scenery, mostly in France, is awesome. For that last reason, it really should be seen on the big screen.

My best friend and I went to see The Hundred-Foot Journey. Excellent movie and unexpectedly sweet. The story is great and the scenery, mostly in France, is awesome. For that last reason, it really should be seen on the big screen.

That's playing here now, and I so want to go see it! I can't tomorrow, but hope to Friday. I love going to the matinee during the week when most everyone is working and the kids are in school. :)

That's playing here now, and I so want to go see it! I can't tomorrow, but hope to Friday. I love going to the matinee during the week when most everyone is working and the kids are in school. :)

On the rare occasion that I go to see a movie, my daughter and I go to the Tuesday matinee. It is senior citizen day. We both get in for half price.. Fifty years or older. She is 52. :angel:

Our theater is $10.25 general, and $8 for matinees, children, seniors, and military. I usually sneak a couple of water bottles in my purse, and buy a small popcorn. :)

Our theater is $10.25 general, and $8 for matinees, children, seniors, and military. I usually sneak a couple of water bottles in my purse, and buy a small popcorn. :)

We make it a point to eat before we go. The concession stand is outrageous! :angel:

Tonight on TCM they are playing one of my favorite films. It's Shadow Of A Doubt, with Joseph Cotton. It's an Alfred Hitchcock film and its a real thriller with an excellent cast.

That's why I bring my own water bottles. :) I don't like sodas and I'm not there for a meal, but I do love popcorn at the movie theater. :)

Cheryl, when I went to the movies yesterday I was in line for popcorn, and there was a man ahead of me. I saw him come in alone and he ordered popcorn, a hot dog, a Coke and a bag of candy. His senior movie ticket was $5.50 and his food was $17.50. Holy Cow!

BTW... I saw "Gone Girl". Both Steve and I read the book, but he didn't want to see it. All I'll say is it was as shocking as the book. :ohmy:

Kayelle...funny you should mention that, I'm going to go see "Gone Girl" tomorrow! I haven't read the book, but I can't wait to see it - I read a little about it and saw a couple of excerpts and it sure reminded me of Scott Peterson. :angry: I followed every moment of that case. Glad to hear it is a good one!

I won't be spending that amount of $$ on snacks though, that's for sure! :ermm::LOL:

Kayelle...funny you should mention that, I'm going to go see "Gone Girl" tomorrow! I haven't read the book, but I can't wait to see it - I read a little about it and saw a couple of excerpts and it sure reminded me of Scott Peterson. :angry: I followed every moment of that case. Glad to hear it is a good one!

I won't be spending that amount of $$ on snacks though, that's for sure! :ermm::LOL:

:LOL: Nothing like Scott Peterson Cheryl! Boy what a true drama that was!
The acting in this is on a fast track for Oscars imo.

Glad you liked it as much as I did Katie. I SOOO agree that it needs to be seen on the big screen. Steve and I cruised that beautiful river in the background. Awesome.

Watched "Godzilla" last night, the newest one. Disappointing, poorly filmed and disjointed storyline.

dw and my boy saw that in the theatres a while back and liked it. maybe it's one of those m9vies that only works on a giant screen with speakers that make your clothing buzz.

i watched "riddick" (the sequel with vin diesel), "leap year" with amy adams, and "solomon kane" with a bunch of unkown actors.

"riddick" could have been interestig but they just sort of ended the story with too many loose ends and no good reasoning.

"solomon kane" was ok. not bad for an obscure netflix movie. i've seen worse there.

i really liked "leap year", but then again i like amy adams. they could have gotten a better looking leading man for her counterpart in the movie instead of a skinny guy with a bad haircut and who can't grow a beard.

I saw "Gone Girl" at the matinee this afternoon. WOW!!! What a great movie! :ohmy: :ohmy: I'm tempted to say more, but won't. :LOL:

I saw "Gone Girl" at the matinee this afternoon. WOW!!! What a great movie! :ohmy: :ohmy: I'm tempted to say more, but won't. :LOL:

Ohhh I'm so glad you saw it Cheryl! I know, for fear of spoiling it for others I'll PM you!
Disclaimer ... "Gone Girl" is a shocking psychological thriller, not for the weak of heart or mind.

Without giving anything away, I liked Rolling Stone's review of "Gone Girl"...pretty much sums it up, IMO.

".....what you can know is that Gone Girl has the impact of a body-slam, hitting home in every scary, suspenseful, seductive particular. It's a movie inferno with combustible performances. Affleck is terrific, undermining his good looks to suggest the soulless shallows that define Nick. For Pike, a Brit best known for supporting roles (Pride & Prejudice, An Education), this is a smashing, award-caliber breakthrough you'll be talking about for years....."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom