What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re-watching National Treasure-Book of Secrets. I enjoy this type of flick. History, mystery, puzzles and action.

Th last movie we watched was Maleficent. BF fell asleep in my lap as he normally does, but I enjoyed it. I love Angelina and Sleeping Beauty was always my 2nd favorite Disney movie. (The Little Mermaid is my favorite, gotta root for my fellow redheaded blue eyed gal!)

I loved the scenery in that movie too Steve....it was filmed in my neck of the woods so everyplace was so familiar. I'll have to watch it again.

We're actually talking about going out to that area (Santa Maria, Lompoc, Solvang, Buellton) for vacation next year and visiting some of the Sideways locations. We both like wine and it's one area neither of us have been to.

We'll probably also set aside a few days to head a little further north to Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo. I have been to that area, but it's been a while.

That sounds like a really nice vacation, Steve! You'll love that area.

Just a tip - if you're a split pea soup fan, don't even bother with Pea Soup Andersen's in Buellton. Despite all the billions of billboards you'll see touting it's glories, it's mediocre at best. And the restaurant itself didn't appear to be very clean, at least that was the impression I got when I was there many years ago.

A few nights ago we viewed a fairly recent movie (2014) called A Million Ways to Die in the West. It was really funny but you have to "adjust" your thinking at first because what the movie does is to take today's current slang terminology and slap it right into the Wild West era. Once we got our heads wrapped around that unusual concept, we laughed through the whole thing.

One of the funniest scenes was when one of the characters stumbled out of the saloon, totally and stinkin' drunk, and his friends cautioned him not to "drink and horse." Of course, he somehow managed to mount his horse and drunkenly go to wherever... He obviously didn't listen to his friends.

That sounds like a really nice vacation, Steve! You'll love that area.

Just a tip - if you're a split pea soup fan, don't even bother with Pea Soup Andersen's in Buellton. Despite all the billions of billboards you'll see touting it's glories, it's mediocre at best. And the restaurant itself didn't appear to be very clean, at least that was the impression I got when I was there many years ago.

Boy that's the truth Cheryl, although I'd say it's the worse split pea soup anywhere!! Pattooie....:yuk::sick:

Steve, do you have a Sideways wine tour map?
Sideways (2004) | Santa Barbara Wine Country, Wine Tours, Map

"Bottle Shock" is another great wine related film. This film centers around wine making.
In fact, I'm surprised Netflix is still running this on streaming. I watched this film about 5 yrs ago on Netflix when it just came out.

Last edited:
I kind of enjoyed that one, but I like just about anything Jeff Bridges is in. He seems to enjoy every role, even the bad ones.

I suppose I could have been more generous.. it was bad, fun, but bad.

I think it had a whopping amount of potential though.

Back
Top Bottom