What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the umpteenth time I watch Amadeus this afternoon. I drive everyone crazy because if anyone is in hearing distance, I will name every piece playing in the background and what key it is being played in. :angel:

I just finished watching "The Hundred Foot Journey". Oh.My.Gosh. What a fantastic film! The foodie scenes :ohmy:, the beautiful scenery of the French countryside, the love and devotion of family.....I can't say much more because I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

I can add that the bonus features were fun to watch. Most of the actors in the movie stayed in the same hotel, except for "Papa". :) He rented an apartment with access to a real kitchen, so he could have the other cast members over and cook for them. :)

I just got done watching "The Bishops Wife", one of my favorite movies to watch every Christmas. It was made in 1947 with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven.

I just finished watching "The Hundred Foot Journey". Oh.My.Gosh. What a fantastic film! The foodie scenes :ohmy:, the beautiful scenery of the French countryside, the love and devotion of family.....I can't say much more because I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

I can add that the bonus features were fun to watch. Most of the actors in the movie stayed in the same hotel, except for "Papa". :) He rented an apartment with access to a real kitchen, so he could have the other cast members over and cook for them. :)

This one is on my list!

Funny how tastes differ.

For me, the book Gone Girl was so disturbingly fascinating I could hardly put it down. For once, the movie didn't disappoint after reading the book. The story just blew me away. What a lunatic!

+ 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

The Holiday, with Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, and Jude Law. I've seen it before, but it's been a year. :) Cute little movie.

I'd like to see Unbroken, too - it's playing at our local theater now. Looks like a good one.

Last edited:
We went and saw the final installment of "The Hobbit" yesterday. Here's my take (without giving much away): I like battle scenes as much as the next guy, but after a while it gets very old - especially when it's so over the top as to be unbelievable. I'm sorry to say I was just a little disappointed. :neutral:

We rented "Her" , I guess we added to our Netflix list a while ago, oh my, it was so bad, no bad is not a word, it was done fine, but the whole thing was pathetic.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I forgot to mention that when we went to see Unbroken yesterday, The Interview was showing at our little "one horse town" theater. Since it's only been released to 300 theaters nation wide, I guess we're famous now. :LOL:
There wasn't a line for tickets but we may have been there at the wrong time. Does anyone want to see it?

RF, I'm glad to hear the good report about Big Eyes. I'm showing my age, but as a new bride in 1963 I had both a boy and girl Keene paintings above our sofa. It was so long ago, I don't recall what became of them.

I forgot to mention that when we went to see Unbroken yesterday, The Interview was showing at our little "one horse town" theater. Since it's only been released to 300 theaters nation wide, I guess we're famous now. :LOL:
There wasn't a line for tickets but we may have been there at the wrong time. Does anyone want to see it?

I have no interest in seeing "The Interview", but as a matter of principle, if I wanted to see it, now I can.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom