What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no interest in seeing "The Interview", but as a matter of principle, if I wanted to see it, now I can.

+1

Turner Movie Classics was showing "I'll Be Seeing You" made around the time I was born. I'd never seen it but always have loved the song. I liked the movie a lot, in the nostalgic old movie kind of way. Nice at Christmas time.

I must be on a roll.

Just got back from seeing Wild with Reese Witherspoon. Excellent book, and an equally excellent movie.

Directed by Jean-Marc Vallée, Screenplay By Nick Hornby | Wild | Fox Searchlight

I liked 'Wild' overall but I thought the film did not quite capture the sense of the distance she trekked. I really didn't get the feeling she was hiking.

But I really enjoyed watching "The Way" on Netflix. Another backpacking film, Martin Sheen treks across Spain in this wonderful film and I really felt the sense of distance traveled and the purpose behind it.

I liked 'Wild' overall but I thought the film did not quite capture the sense of the distance she trekked. I really didn't get the feeling she was hiking.

But I really enjoyed watching "The Way" on Netflix. Another backpacking film, Martin Sheen treks across Spain in this wonderful film and I really felt the sense of distance traveled and the purpose behind it.

Ahh yes, The Way is a remarkble film!

I just finished watching "The Hundred Foot Journey". Oh.My.Gosh. What a fantastic film! The foodie scenes :ohmy:, the beautiful scenery of the French countryside, the love and devotion of family.....I can't say much more because I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

I can add that the bonus features were fun to watch. Most of the actors in the movie stayed in the same hotel, except for "Papa". :) He rented an apartment with access to a real kitchen, so he could have the other cast members over and cook for them. :)

We just watched that today, what a fantastic movie!

RoadFix, I'm curious, are you or someone in your family a member of the SAG? I have a friend who's son in law is a member and they can watch the current movies not yet released to the public together as a family. Very cool.

RoadFix, I'm curious, are you or someone in your family a member of the SAG? I have a friend who's son in law is a member and they can watch the current movies not yet released to the public together as a family. Very cool.

A close family friend works for a writer and she brings us the screeners. They usually become available in November and are sent to members of the academy.

thanks for the recommend of 'the way', roadfix and kayelle. i'm up in the middle of the night, watching it now. 'if it ain't dutch, it ain't much'....:)

Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I just finished watching "The Hundred Foot Journey". Oh.My.Gosh. What a fantastic film! The foodie scenes , the beautiful scenery of the French countryside, the love and devotion of family.....I can't say much more because I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

I can add that the bonus features were fun to watch. Most of the actors in the movie stayed in the same hotel, except for "Papa". He rented an apartment with access to a real kitchen, so he could have the other cast members over and cook for them.

We just watched that today, what a fantastic movie!

Yes, indeed, beautiful picture, I only wish, they had it in SmeloVision, so we could smell all the beautiful dishes they were preparing. :yum:

Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I just finished watching "The Hundred Foot Journey". Oh.My.Gosh. What a fantastic film! The foodie scenes , the beautiful scenery of the French countryside, the love and devotion of family.....I can't say much more because I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

I can add that the bonus features were fun to watch. Most of the actors in the movie stayed in the same hotel, except for "Papa". He rented an apartment with access to a real kitchen, so he could have the other cast members over and cook for them.

Yes, indeed, beautiful picture, I only wish, they had it in SmeloVision, so we could smell all the beautiful dishes they were preparing. :yum:

Well, that would only lead to wanting Taste-o-Vision! ;)

We watched "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" yesterday - second time for me, first for DH. We're hoping to see the third one in theaters now while he's home on school break.

Mocking Jay... I didn't really want to go see it. I don't care for theathers. I usually wait for dvd. My niece practically begged me to go....But it was good. Glad I went...

I just finished watching "The Hundred Foot Journey". Oh.My.Gosh. What a fantastic film! The foodie scenes :ohmy:, the beautiful scenery of the French countryside, the love and devotion of family.....I can't say much more because I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.
We watched this last night. While there were a few parts that were kind of cliché, it was overall a very good movie. I also like the scenery and kitchen scenes.

Thumbs up from me! :)

This is kind of a trip into nostalgia. Years ago when I was a kid, I saw the Indian movie, "Bobby". Indian movies were hugely popular in Russia. The other day I rented a movie where the main character of the original one. Sings, very popular, at the time, song from that original movie. Typical Indian melodrama film. But listening to that song felt great. Remembering teenage years, girl I loved at the time, very emotional. I guess I'm getting old. Hum-Tum, definitely 3 + stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

How was it? I have to know, it has spaceships.:rolleyes:

Well, to be honest I kept dozing off and missing bits and pieces of the movie. I've been out all day with the family so it was rather late when we all sat down for the movie. I need to see it again when I'm fully alert.
Overall, I liked the movie and it somewhat reminded me of the movie "Contact" (which I really liked) with Jodi Foster which came out several yrs ago.

Back
Top Bottom