What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Off to see "Into The Woods" at the local cinema tonight.

An interesting cast: Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, James Corden, Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine, Johnny Depp, Lilla Crawford, Daniel Huttlestone, Tracey Ullman, Christine Baranski

And a fun-sounding story - "This modern twist on the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales intertwines the plots of a few choice stories and explores the consequences of the characters' wishes and quests. The humorous and heartfelt musical follows the classic tales of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel - all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his wife, their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the witch who has put a curse on them". I have very simple tastes.

We have a privately owned cinema in the village owned and run by a man who chooses films he thinks we'll like, rather than films some conglomerate wants us to see. If a film is going well he keeps it on for an extra week. We get new releases as quickly as the big cinema chains and there are queues outside the cinema every night like in the days when Bette Davis was "suffering in mink", as they used to say.

I really hope you like "Into the Woods" MC. I thought it was a delightful afternoon away from reality. Not a flick for everyone, but money well spent in my opinion.
Sigh, just lovely.

We finally got around to getting "Draft Day" from the library. Sure, it's about the Cleveland Browns, but I watched it mostly for the scenery! Meanwhile, Himself is busy picking out all of the scenes that were a bit "off" compared to the way the different parts of the city were strung together. Geez. :LOL:

We finally got around to getting "Draft Day" from the library. Sure, it's about the Cleveland Browns, but I watched it mostly for the scenery! Meanwhile, Himself is busy picking out all of the scenes that were a bit "off" compared to the way the different parts of the city were strung together. Geez. :LOL:

My wife is a Radiologist and when ever we are watching movies with a medical scene or god forbid a hospital movie or show, she always points out the parts that are incorrect, also are closest friends are both troopers {husband and wife} and they come over at least 6 times a month if not more {we watch certain shows together on the dvr in my theater so every single week they are here} and when ever there is a police scene with codes or showing what a cop does they mention how wrong it is, lol.
I on the other hand own a real estate company and an HVAC company {recently sold the hvac actually} so hardly ever get the chance to interject, but when I see a thermostat near a window or really low on the wall I always point it out, lol...

I recently watched boyhood I loved it, it was filmed over 12 years with the same cast, amazing idea, showed him grow up, just a normal kid, very very cool...

I also watched Vincent and loved that as well, I was actually tearing up at the end, lol..

Watched John Wick last night, it was pretty entertaining if you are into shoot 'em up action flicks. There is already a second one in the works, I hope it will be as good as the first.

A bit of cotton candy for the brain, we watched "One for the Money", a film adaptation of the first "Stephanie Plum" novel by Janet Evanovich. I've read a bunch of the books and was rather pleased that the actors chosen for the parts were very close to my mind's idea of who they were. Himself actually enjoyed it, but then Sherri Shepherd was in it and he really likes her. She was perfect as "Lula"!

I'm gaining respect for Billy Bob Thornton. He was just excellent in 'Jayne Mansfield's Car.' I believe he was the director, too. Robert Duvall was the star; Kevin Bacon had a smaller but very important role. Very well done. It really wasn't about the car.

I'm gaining respect for Billy Bob Thornton. He was just excellent in 'Jayne Mansfield's Car.' I believe he was the director, too. Robert Duvall was the star; Kevin Bacon had a smaller but very important role. Very well done. It really wasn't about the car.

I have been impressed with Billy Bob thornton since Sling Blade he is the real deal when it comes to actors, from dumb face comedy to compelling drama he has a lot of tools. Comfortable in everything from Bad News Bears to Monsters ball, that is talent...

We went and saw "Jupiter Ascending" over the weekend. While the critics seemed to hate it, I didn't think it was that bad. The sets (mostly CGI, I'm sure) were very artistically done. And while the chemistry between Mila Kunis and that Tater Channing (Channing Tater, I forget which) wasn't great, I still thought it was a fun movie. The 3D was also done in such a way that it helped with the immersion aspect, without being a distraction as in some films. Within 5 minutes I even forgot I had the glasses on. I think that technology has come a long way over the past couple years, or at least it doesn't give me headaches like it used to.

Regularly our dish provider tries to tempt us with freebie come-ons so we'll up our subscription. Never works, but what does happen is that we are afforded the opportunity to record many things we won't have to pay for on Netflix or aren't available at the library.

Well, in September we recorded The Abyss, which dates to 1989. We finally got around to viewing it last night and really enjoyed it. Not many dull moments and, even though it was totally farfetched, we had fun watching it.

Watched John Wick last night, it was pretty entertaining if you are into shoot 'em up action flicks. There is already a second one in the works, I hope it will be as good as the first.

We watched that over the weekend. It wasn't bad, but I think it missed. Not sure what I would have done differently though.

We also watched Fury. Not quite the movie I was expecting for some reason. It was the better of the two but I did have fun with both.

I thought Fury was pretty good. The film reminded me of The Beast, a Russian film made in the late 80's which I thought was a lot better. It was about a Soviet tank crew lost in Afghanistan.
In fact, you can watch the entire movie on Youtube. Just search 'The Beast of War'.

Last edited:
I picked up three DVDs from the library before the cold weather hit, just special for this weekend of hibernation. Saturday night we finally watched the first "Reds" and completely enjoyed it! Now I have to request the sequel, hoping it's at least half as good. Tonight (Sunday) we watched "The Tourist" with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. Also very good. Tomorrow we'll wrap up the trifecta with...well, you'll just have to wait until my next post.

We went and saw "Jupiter Ascending" over the weekend. While the critics seemed to hate it, I didn't think it was that bad. The sets (mostly CGI, I'm sure) were very artistically done. And while the chemistry between Mila Kunis and that Tater Channing (Channing Tater, I forget which) wasn't great, I still thought it was a fun movie. The 3D was also done in such a way that it helped with the immersion aspect, without being a distraction as in some films. Within 5 minutes I even forgot I had the glasses on. I think that technology has come a long way over the past couple years, or at least it doesn't give me headaches like it used to.
If the critics pan something it usually means I'll enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom