What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somehow the "Just Eat It - A food waste story" a must see documentary got a US airing on MSNBC of all networks. I Googled it and it came up immediately. Evidently MSNBC shows all of the films from this couple. I will be keeping my eyes open for more of their works.

I do not know if it will get another airing:

You can watch it from this site though, but you must be from Canada:

https://www.knowledge.ca/program/just-eat-it

Thanks Kleenix. I went to MSNBC and it is being rebroadcast May 27/28. So I marked it to be reminded. And I stuck it in my calendar for a reminder. I doubt I will miss it.

When I lived in Texas, there was this fried chicken place right in back of where I lived. One day I saw a woman tossing out a tray full of fried chicken. I asked her why. She had made this batch at 9 a.m. and it was now 10 a.m. and time to make a new batch. "We make a fresh batch every hour and toss what we don't sell in the next hour." There were many days I would be there when I knew she was on and got me a full batch (more than my family could eat in one sitting) for nothing. My kids never complained about getting to much chicken. They loved it.

I asked her why they toss it on the hour. "The owner wants to make sure the chicken is always fresh when the public buys it." I commend his thoughtfulness for the customers, but the wastefulness had no excuse that could be acceptable. :angel:

Last edited:
Instead of crawling off my chair when the news was over, I got sucked into watching an old version of "Blithe Spirit". I remember seeing it decades ago at the Chagrin Valley Little Theatre. Years later, we had taken the kids to a community theatre performance of the play when they were in middle school. But I don't remember ever seeing a movie version.

I'm currently watching a movie called Robots. This is a story of a robot named Rodney Copperbottom and his journey to improve the world.

As someone who has been deeply into graphic art work for many years, I must say that the graphics in this movie are amazing.

I'm currently watching a movie called Robots. This is a story of a robot named Rodney Copperbottom and his journey to improve the world.

As someone who has been deeply into graphic art work for many years, I must say that the graphics in this movie are amazing.

Have you seen Box Trolls? Not only is the story charming, but the way it was animated was like eye candy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Have you seen Box Trolls? Not only is the story charming, but the way it was animated was like eye candy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

No, I've not seen Box Trolls.. I'll add it to my "To View" list. Thank you! The phrase "eye candy" was perfect, some of these films are absolutely beautiful.

I watched "Selma" last night on Dish on Demand. Wow...what a powerful film, and very well made.

The main characters in the movie - MLK, Coretta King, and Lyndon Johnson were played by British actors. They nailed the American accent. Well done.

Watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 on you tube.
That show is hilarious.Hubby tells me I say things like Crow does.Like that's a bad thing? LOL!
Wish Netflix would put it back on.
So the next best thing to do is buy the DVD's to add to my Sci-Fi collection.

Watched "The Judge" a couple nights ago. Not the light, fluffy kind of movie I usually see, but very good.

Glenn and I watched that a month or so ago. A very well-done drama. Love Robert Duvall.

Last night we watched the 1978 animated movie, Watership Down, which was based on the book by Richard Adams. I loved the book and the movie was every bit as captivating. Of course, I cried at the end.

I do love me some bunnies and enjoy watching and talking to the ones that live in our yard and fields.

Watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 on you tube.
That show is hilarious.Hubby tells me I say things like Crow does.Like that's a bad thing? LOL!
Wish Netflix would put it back on.
So the next best thing to do is buy the DVD's to add to my Sci-Fi collection.

Omigosh! I'd forgotten all about MST3K. Buck and my youngest son used to live for the weekend so they could stay up and watch it. I watched it too, but not as often as they did. It was great. Hey, don't forget about Tom Servo!

@Katie and Princess.

I went on a hunt on Amazon and Ebay.To find one in particular that I was looking for.Ebay clearly had far better deals and selections.I bought 2 movies 4 disks per case.

Found Thanksgiving Day collection in a tin box.Includes a few extras$38.00 bucks.I haven't seen that one yet.So dun tell me.

The other I think I've seen not sure,so I picked it up anyways.$37.00
Mystery Science Theater XXI x29
Both are in their original manufactured packaging.Brand new.Can't beat that.Both have already been shipped.Minimal shipping charges.If any.I think I paid just a $1.00 for one.

The second has a movie I believe Crowwww had made a snarky comment that had me in tears I laughed so hard.Told my husband.See!? that's my wicked sister.She does mean things like that!He doesn't like her anyways.Knew my comment was true.

Crowww says "I bet she suits up just to chase a Jack Rabbit around in circles just for kicks riding on a moped" LOL!!!! OMG!!:ROFLMAO::LOL::ohmy:

When they get here.I'll burn them onto my hard drive so I can watch them wherever I go.

Omigosh! I'd forgotten all about MST3K. Buck and my youngest son used to live for the weekend so they could stay up and watch it. I watched it too, but not as often as they did. It was great. Hey, don't forget about Tom Servo!

My husband at the time deliberately had his days off so the he could have the weekend off just so that he and my oldest son could stay up late and watch it.My son was about 6-7 at the time.It was a big thing for them to watch it late at night eating popcorn.

While mom and his little brother who was only 2-3 at the time could sleep.I to had barely watched it.I was tired.Bedtime sounded better.
It was "Guy time for them"My son remembers that fondly.Was happy to hear I've bought a few.

Yeah, and Gypsie to....LOL!:LOL:

San Andreas. Lousy movie, but it had some great special effects. I was also expecting to see Shelly Winters in the film but she wasn't in this one.... lol...

LOL! Expecting to see Shelly Winters in it. Tooo funny!!!:LOL:

I was just thinking yesterday as we were driving home on the freeway.You know how exciting Highway 101 can be.BORING! Anyways, was planning on kicking back when we get home as to what movie I wanted to watch Set my mind on Night Of The Hunter.Who's in it but Shelly Winters.Which made me think of the Poseidon movie (sp)

Is it me or does she drown well? She whines alot.Even on an episode of Wagon Train.
Now George Clooney has made a few movies when in one he actually did.
Playing a fisherman.And the other Oh, Brother Where Art Thou.Where he almost did.

That family should shy away from water.:ermm::LOL::ROFLMAO:

"Kill The Irishman"

Our latest library borrow was "Kill the Irishman", a true story based on the life of Danny Greene. Green was a dock worker who became the union boss of the Cleveland longshoreman's union, battled the mafia to try and gain control of unions, and worked as an FBI informant to help bring down not only the mafia in Cleveland, but in four (or five?) other cities. Unfortunately, he had to die by car bombing in order for FBI to hunt down and capture the mafia guys responsible for his death. Once captured, they ending up singing like canaries and gave away all their compatriots.

The disc also included a documentary film, "Danny Greene: The Rise and Fall of the Irishman (2009)" that was mostly a history of that time along with interviews with Greene's first wife and daughter and many of the law enforcement people and media folks that were active on the cases and stories. It was fun seeing TV reporters from the 1970s that we remembered watching back then. Also pretty interesting when a couple of the names mentioned turned out to be our almost-neighbors from our first house! :ohmy: We knew the story*, but seeing it covered in a movie really tied together a lot of what we knew in bits and pieces.

Apparently, bombing was the murder method of choice in Cleveland back then. This article at Cleveland.com says 1976 saw 21 bombing in Cleveland proper, and a total of 37 throughout all of Cuyahoga county. Yikes!

* She was a file clerk for the FBI; he was a salesman at a dealership and worked with another salesman with mafia connections. For somewhere around $10,000-$15,000 (a LOT of money in 1977) she snooped through classified documents to get the names of FBI informants to turn over to the mafia. Danny Greene's name was top of the list. By turning that info over to the mafia, they then got the wheels turning on finally making good killing him. :ohmy:

CG, I think any city that had a major shipping port, had major problems with the Mafia. I know we did here in Boston. Like you with your almost neighbor, my kids went to school with a lot of them that are now serving a lifetime sentence in a Federal prison. It is scary to think of how close to your life they came. So much for being an up and coming Capo. Today it is "drive by shootings". We had one here in Eastie just this past week. That almost neighbor could have had a bomb in his car and you would have lost all your windows and had fear installed in you for the rest of your life.

I went to school with the son of a long shore man. He was entitled to receive his father's union book when his father retired. He turned it down. He knew what it involved. His aunt is in the apartment right next to me. And she is my nemesis. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom