What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
The movie "Burnt" seems to be taking a hit from critics so far, but then again...it's a movie about chefs and cooking, so who cares, right?
/QUOTE]

That's exactly right Caslon. If someone isn't interested in food, other than to just eat, this movie might not fill everyone's ticket.

On the other hand, I just saw Burnt today, and it was fabulous for me! Good story, good acting, and the food was a feast for the eyes.
I highly recommend it, especially for folks like all of us.

Burnt (2015) Synopsis - Plot Summary - Fandango

Oooh, thanks for the review, Kay. It came out here on Friday and I want to wait until a weekday to see it. I think I'll go Monday or Tuesday. As you and Caslon mentioned, I don't put much stock into the reviews, either. I've loved what they've panned, and vise versa. Can't wait to see it!

Last edited:
TB, Kay and I watched "The Princess Diaries" this afternoon. TB and I had never seen it before and I have always wanted to. Wow, even at 17 (she played 15), Anne Hathaway was a star! Julie Andrews was no slouch either! I am looking forward to watching the sequel, even though Kay said it is not as good (as with all sequels). I loved Hector Elizondo playing his usual "protector" sort of role. He did it well in "Pretty Woman" and again here.

You're gonna love "BURNT" you two!

The SousChef was working the Pumpkin train today, and I couldn't believe I was the only person in the theater this afternoon. It was nice! The rest of the movies were all the creepy kind, so I guess everyone was in there for Halloween.

It wasn't as gentle a story as the food movie we all loved in France recently, but every bit as good in it's own gritty way.

For the full visual impact of the food, I'd highly recommend the theater option.

Last edited:
I know it's not quite what this thread is for but it is film related.

Has anyone seen "Babette's Feast"
? If so, your views on it please e.g. is the feast/cooking etc. just an addition towards the end of the film or does food constitute quite a large part of the story? I have read the plot which does not particularly interest me.

I see it is showing on UK TV soon and wonder whether it is worth recording?

Last edited:
Last night we watched a 1997 Nicholas Cage-John Travolta film called Face/Off. Little over 2 hours long but it was packed with action, twists and turns and intrigue. Both those guys certainly can play wacko characters well. We really enjoyed it. If you like to sit still, this isn't for you. Lots of things going on...all the time.

Last night we watched a 1997 Nicholas Cage-John Travolta film called Face/Off. Little over 2 hours long but it was packed with action, twists and turns and intrigue. Both those guys certainly can play wacko characters well. We really enjoyed it. If you like to sit still, this isn't for you. Lots of things going on...all the time.
I loved that movie, too, Katie.

That is a good one. I haven't seen it in years. I'm adding it to my Netflix queue - assuming it's available there. Netflix sometimes disappoints me.

I think I'm going to go see Burnt at the 1:00 matinee today. :) I don't usually like to go on a Sunday, but I'm going to be picking up Tyler from school most of the week from now on and have to be there by 2:45.

I hope it's not crowded at the theater. Anything over half filled is crowded to me - I'm used to being practically the only one there. :LOL:

Katie - I loved Face/Off too, that was a good one!

This afternoon we went to see THE MARTIAN with Mat Damon. I understand why the reviews are great, and we both really enjoyed it! Oscar worthy for several nominations I'd guess.

I went and saw Burnt yesterday at the matinee. Great movie - and all those luscious looking food close-ups! :ohmy::yum: Yes, there were a lot of f-bombs - I was pleased at how well Bradley Cooper played the hot tempered chef.

I really enjoyed it. There were only 3 others in the theater besides me, which is always nice. I do want to go see The Martian next, that sounds like a good one.

Last edited:
I went and saw Burnt yesterday at the matinee. Great movie - and all those luscious looking food close-ups! :ohmy::yum: Yes, there were a lot of f-bombs - I was pleased at how well Bradley Cooper played the hot tempered chef.

I really enjoyed it. There were only 3 others in the theater besides me, which is always nice. I do want to go see The Martian next, that sounds like a good one.

I was wondering if the rest of the country does the same as here. Every Wednesday, both the movie and live stage theatres have senior discounts for the matinee. We also have a Saturday matinee discount for the stage . :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom