What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every so often a moment comes along with a child that you will always remember with a touch of warmth in your heart.

When I got the news of my daughter's death, I had to tell my granddaughter that was living with me. I was in shock and she saw that something was terribly wrong.

"Whatever it is Ganna (her name for me growing up) you can tell me and we will get through it together." And she was only 15 at the time. The only word I could get out was "gone, gone." Right away she knew it was her mother and when she put her arms around me, to comfort me, she held me while I sobbed so hard. She held in her own grief so she could help me.

That child gave me a lot of grief and aggravation during the seven years I had her. But that one moment will always stay with me with my deepest love for her. :angel:

Re. the film Chef and not enjoying the relationship between father and son. As indicated I think it might have been the boy's acting.

Has anyone seen The Goodbye Girl? (Starring Marsha Mason). Her daughter in that was absolutely rivetting...I thoroughly enjoyed the relationship/interactions she had in the film with her mother.

Took our daughter to the "Peanuts" movie for her birthday. She is a young woman of 23, but has been a fan her entire life and looked forward to seeing it since it was first announced. This is a girl who still has the entire Hallmark Snoopy statuette collection.

My honest opinion is that it was ok, but my daughter and wife actually got teary eyed in several spots. I did enjoy the modern treatment they did, while still embracing elements of the past (I actually heard a girl behind us say, "I forgot telephones used to have wires").

It was a nice night out.

Sounds like a nice family get together, Steve - good to hear you all enjoyed it. "Peanuts" is playing here now, and I've always been a fan, too. Charles Shultz was a genious IMO, and it's good to hear they kept to tradition a bit. I've been thinking about going to see it.

On another note, I was curious about "San Andreas" and since it was on PPV this past lazy weekend, I watched it. OMGosh...terrible film, and several scenes were downright laughable. :wacko::LOL: (JMO...)

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice family get together, Steve - good to hear you all enjoyed it. "Peanuts" is playing here now, and I've always been a fan, too. Charles Shultz was a genious IMO, and it's good to hear they kept to tradition a bit. I've been thinking about going to see it.

On another note, I was curious about "San Andreas" and since it was on PPV this past lazy weekend, I watched it. OMGosh...terrible film, and several scenes were downright laughable. :wacko::LOL: (JMO...)

LOL Cheryl LOL!!!!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

We to had a lazy day, nothing to do or really wanted to watch on Netflix.
So Hubby checked Amazon's to watch list.San Andreas came up.

That's so true.I want my money,time, and bleached eyes back!!!! TODAY!

The movie was joke.I couldn't stop laughing at some of the scenes.
I almost killed my husband with the comment "Jiggles" his daughter being able to float."She won't drown, seriously!?" "Those just aren't normal at all!"
Here I wonder why he doesn't take me anywhere."Croooow"....:ROFLMAO:
:LOL:

Last edited:
LOL Cheryl LOL!!!!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

We to had a lazy day, nothing to do or really wanted to watch on Netflix.
So Hubby checked Amazon's to watch list.San Andreas came up.

That's so true.I want my money,time, and bleached eyes back!!!! TODAY!

The movie was joke.I couldn't stop laughing at some of the scenes.
I almost killed my husband with the comment "Jiggles" his daughter being able to float."She won't drown, seriously!?" "Those just aren't normal at all!"
Here I wonder why he doesn't take me anywhere."Croooow"....:ROFLMAO:
:LOL:

:ROFLMAO:
I think my favorite laughable part of the film was when the teenage heroine was pulling glass shards out of her new love's leg, skyscrapers were tumbling down and ferries were crashing into the building from tsunamis....and they decided that would be a perfect moment to gaze into each other's eyes and share their first tender kiss. :wub::heart: :LOL: Ahhh....young love. LOL

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:
I think my favorite laughable part of the film was when the teenage heroine was pulling glass shards out of her new love's leg, skyscrapers were tumbling down and ferries were crashing into the building from tsunamis....and they decided that would be a perfect moment to gaze into each other's eyes and share their first tender kiss. :wub::heart: :LOL: Ahhh....young love. LOL

LOL!! Hollywood made us it's joke.Why you laugh at us mockingly?:LOL:

Maybe it was supposed to have some (Chick flick appeal) somewhere.

I'm old. Didn't do a thing for me.Oh, and by the way.Don't pull shards of glass out of anyone's leg? Geez.Yeah let's just let that artery go.

I thought her running scenes extremely funny to watch.Like a puppeteer pulling strings.Make it look real.

We now resume to our regularly scheduled riff. Croooow!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

I have just watched "What If" - a romantic comedy starring Daniel Radcliffe and an unknown American actress. Although she has a boyfriend, they form an easy, natural friendship that develops into stronger feelings.

Not bad but a little overlong.

A Little Chaos - for some reason I thought it was more of a romantic film (rather than, as billed, a periodic drama), so was a bit disappointed. Very well produced and Kate Winslet was eminently suited to the role. A bit too padded but Alan Rickman is always watchable (he also directed this film).

Last edited:
So....what did you think of it?

I thought it was an interesting film with convincing acting from Brad Pitt.

My one son said that this was one of his favorite movies, so I gave it a try.
I thought it had great acting . Bruce willis and Brad Pitt were awesome. There were times when I thought the story was a bit confusing but I'm glad I saw it.

50 shades of gray was free " on demand" last night. Oh my, what a garbage. It was really bad, the dialogue, the plot, the lack of conclusion. I am not even talking about a all the nasty stuff. Seems that is the only thing Hollywood is capable of doing now. The movies are getting worse every year.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I went to the little empty theater (only me) for a private showing this afternoon to see "Secret In Their Eyes" with Julia and Nicole, and glad I did, $5.50 well spent.
The "flash backs" of 13 years are a little tricky until I noticed the grey color (or lack of hair) in the males. Stunning performances all round. I don't give a flip about the "critics"...It's worth the ticket to be sure from this critic.

Last edited:
I went to the little empty theater (only me) for a private showing this afternoon to see "Secret In Their Eyes" with Julia .... I don't give a flip about the "critics"...It's worth the ticket to be sure from this critic.

Since you mentioned Julia, I thought about the movie I saw. It was like the opposite of Pretty Woman. Kind like Bad Santa. They should have call this movie Bad Richard Gere, or should I say Edward Lewis...

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom