What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that my daughter is retired, she and her husband make Tuesday afternoons date time and head for the movies. They both get the Senior discount. They alternate as to who picks the picture to see. One week her, next week him. I have to say, those two are really enjoying her retirement. :angel:

Just finished watching "Minions". BA-NA-NA!!! :ROFLMAO:

Kids' movie, right? Lots of cute animation, right? Well we decided whoever did the music catalog picked the songs for people our age. Movie was fun, music was rockin'!

Ah! You caught me in my Minion PJ's...BA-NA-NA!

Anyway, we just finished watching The Martian, fantastic adaptation of the book without losing the main part of the story and leaving the (for mass audiences) technical aspects out of it. If they had done the entire book it would have taken at least 8 hours to tell the story.

We enjoyed, laughed and cried. Wonderful movie!

We had another Open House, so we went to the movies.
We saw The Intern with Robert DeNiro, cute movie... 2 senior tickets, $6.25 ... one medium popcorn and soft drink $12.50 ... WHAT?! It's a good thing that I had stashed some "theater box candies" from Walmart in my JUMBO sized handbag ;) We have another Open House next weekend, I bought some "Skinny Pop" in 100 calorie bags and some more Junior Mints, so now I'll need to do is stash a coupla bottled waters in my bag and the price will remain at $6.25 :)

DH wants to see The Revenant with Leo
... not too sure I want to see it... we watched the trailer and it seemed pretty violent, I suppose I could just close my eyes...

Ah! You caught me in my Minion PJ's...BA-NA-NA!

Anyway, we just finished watching The Martian, fantastic adaptation of the book without losing the main part of the story and leaving the (for mass audiences) technical aspects out of it. If they had done the entire book it would have taken at least 8 hours to tell the story.

We enjoyed, laughed and cried. Wonderful movie!

I'm so glad you liked it even after reading the book. We all know that's rare, at least for me. Were there lots of technical aspects in the book?

We saw The Intern with Robert DeNiro, cute movie... 2 senior tickets, $6.25 ... one medium popcorn and soft drink $12.50 ... WHAT?! It's a good thing that I had stashed some "theater box candies" from Walmart in my JUMBO sized handbag ;) We have another Open House next weekend, I bought some "Skinny Pop" in 100 calorie bags and some more Junior Mints, so now I'll need to do is stash a coupla bottled waters in my bag and the price will remain at $6.25 :)

... not too sure I want to see it... we watched the trailer and it seemed pretty violent, I suppose I could just close my eyes...

See it Kgirl!! You don't strike me as a "wussy type" and it's a terrific story and film!

We saw The Intern with Robert DeNiro, cute movie... 2 senior tickets, $6.25 ... one medium popcorn and soft drink $12.50 ... WHAT?! It's a good thing that I had stashed some "theater box candies" from Walmart in my JUMBO sized handbag ;)

The local theatres here have a kid's pack with a small drink, small popcorn, and a small pack of Sour Patch Kids. I think it's like $4. Not terribly overpriced. We usually get at least one of those. Even though we are adults. :)

On Netflix last night, I watched a good Swedish film "Pure" that is a new release. It kept my eyes glued to the screen. "Hell has no fury as a woman scorned"!

You're no wussy, K-Girl! DH covered his eyes for a lot of The Revenant, but mine were wide open. We both really enjoyed it!

See it Kgirl!! You don't strike me as a "wussy type" and it's a terrific story and film!

You're no wussy, K-Girl! DH covered his eyes for a lot of The Revenant, but mine were wide open. We both really enjoyed it!

BAHAHA!
You gals are right, I'm not a wuss!
SO! I guess we'll go then... AND I have my box of Junior Mints at the ready.

Besides snacks we used to sneak in coffee from Starbucks.
But you know, if not for these overpriced concession stands many movie theaters wouldn't be able to stay in business.... I believe they make the most profits from concessions and from screen ads.

I have a feeling you're right, Roadfix. When DH and I go to the Sunday matinee, there are very few people there. We've talked about how we don't know how they stay in business.

Besides snacks we used to sneak in coffee from Starbucks.
But you know, if not for these overpriced concession stands many movie theaters wouldn't be able to stay in business.... I believe they make the most profits from concessions and from screen ads.

I was grumbling the other day about the dang commercials before the movie starts, but you're right RF!

I'm so glad you liked it even after reading the book. We all know that's rare, at least for me. Were there lots of technical aspects in the book?

Yes, the author spent a lot of time in the book explaining how he retro-fitted the rover for travel, how he started the potatoes, etc. Interesting for science geeks, not so much for a regular audience. Shrek, Dad and I were all geeked out over the book and supremely satisfied with the movie.

No, saw it on the TV here streaming in from Vudu....

3-D rocks. Seeing the raptors snap at us, and watching that toothy shark-like fish thing leap from the water really made it for us! The story line wasn't as good as the first one, but we really liked the 3-D special effects.

Last edited:
I just finished watching The Martian on PPV. Loved it!!!
I'm sure it would have made more of an impact on the big screen, but I was still very happy with it and totally engrossed in the film. I thought Matt Damon did an amazing job.

I didn't even recognize Jeff Daniels until halfway through the movie!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom