What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good film indeed. I watched it last night.

You have good taste in films. :) Another good foreign film is 'Of Girls and Horses' (German) about a troubled teen girl who is forced to go to a horse farm as punishment.

Also, 'Marie's Story' (French) is a true story about a young lady who was born deaf and blind in the 1800's, and her parents have to take her to a local convent where the nuns teach deaf girls. Sort of a French Helen Keller.

'Picture Bride' is set in the 1920's -- about a young Japanese woman who agrees to marry a Japanese-Hawaiian man sight unseen.

All are on Netflix Instant.

Love movies in the 3D... but it was streaming and we aren't set up for 3D at home.

Last night we watched Under the Skin (weird, slow, and I think they worked too hard to make it "artsy") and The Captive (pretty good).

I am done with snow.

We watched Trainwreck tonight.

Light and funny. Kathleen wanted light and funny after we watched When Trumpets Fade. That was not light and funny. Very good, not light nor funny.

I watched Secrets of War last night on Netflix Instant. It's a Dutch film set in WW2 after the Nazis had invaded the Netherlands. It's about a couple of Dutch friends who befriend the new girl in school. Good film.

I'm interested in the ABC mini-series that starts on Wednesday - "Madoff". With Richard Dryfuss and Blythe Danner in the leads, it can't be bad, right? :ermm:

With Richard Dreyfuss, it should be a great movie! I hope he's not playing Madoff, though.

You're lucky. I don't have a TV. I get my movies from a, er, ahem, well, I call it my pirate site.

It was painful to watch all the movies on the 2008 crash. I watched Margin Call, Inside Job, and now The Big Short. I don't think I could stand to watch Madoff and know all those people lost their money and retirement funds at the end.

Actually, rr, Dryfuss is the lead. I don't remember him being so, ahem, full in the face. He's a bit pudgy, like a slimy financial adviser should look.

If you decide to watch Madoff, you can access it from the ABC website. I think they offer the shows up a week after they've been on TV, and they limit the time that they are available. I know before our old tower computer conked out, Himself used to view a lot of stuff via Hulu. It took him around a year to bother doing the diagnosis, get over the fact that the motherboard was dead, order the parts, and rebuild. Since then, he discovered that Hulu really isn't a good option anymore. I'm no IT person, but is has something to do with the player that is now known to have security issues, but Hulu still insists on it being the player they offer shows through...or something like that. :wacko: I don't know, I don't speak "Tech", I speak "Culinary".

There aren't too many little cinemas in this country. If there is a large multiplex in a nearby city, they pretty much cause the little ones to close. The little fishing village I lived in when I was in Texas, only showed movies on Saturday. And they were definitely not the latest. Saturday afternoon they showed cartoons for the kids. If you wanted any more entertainment than that, you had to go to a barroom that had a band for dancing or head on to Corpus Christi. About 20 miles away. Oh yeah, the barrooms and most places of business on the main street, still had a hitching post outside for the horses. So did the school along with a bike rack.

The reason for the hitching posts? It is illegal in this country as it is world wide, to drive when drunk. So a lot of the folks who lived on ranches or farms would come in on a horse. Then if they got drunk (which most of them did) there was no law about riding a horse on the way home if you were drunk. But the entertainment at the end on the night was to watch the idiots trying to get on their horse. :angel:
"Then if they got drunk (which most of them did) there was no law about riding a horse on the way home if you were drunk." There still is, over here. By all accounts my Grandfather was pulled up by the local "bobbie" (policeman to you) for being "drunk in charge of a horse-drawn vehicle". Fortunately the policeman knew him and drove the horse, cart and G'father home himself and G'father wasn't booked. (That would be in the 1920s.)

The latest case I can find was in Newcastle (N.E. England) in 2009 when a man was fined £185 (about $266) for riding a horse on the highway while drunk. We like to keep up our traditions over here :)

Watched "The Sting" again tonight. Dang, I love that movie. Doesn't hurt that eye candy Redford and Newman are in it either, though I did also have a major crush on Kid Twist as well.

Last edited:
"The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock. I've seen it before, but it was on again recently so DVRed it and watched it again. Great movie, IMO.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom