What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's an Employee only event. The patients have their own Surround Sound theater in the facility, but they have to wait for the Blu-Ray.

Now that is a company I would want to work for. They sure know how to treat not only their patients, but their employees. Have fun! :angel:

Watching San Andreas. There is plenty of action but will be glad when it's over. :ermm:

I just attended an earthquake seminar with with lectures by several FEMA people, a geologist, a fire captain and others. I found out that A) a large earthquake on the San Andreas fault can't produce a tidal wave like that, B) a large eathquake on the Cascadia fault won't produce a tidal wave here like that, but C) a 7.1 on the Seattle fault could cause a tidal wave coming into the Puget Sound 13 feet high.

Guess who lives a block from the water? I'm on the third floor, but as this is an old brick building and we were also told the library (half a block west) and the post office (a block north) would both be destroyed in an earthquake like that, I don't have a lot of high hopes for this building.

So to keep from thinking about that, naturally, I just finished watching Christine. Can you tell I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for movies?

I had really been looking forward to seeing "The Lady in the Van" with Maggie Smith and it wasn't at all what I had hoped for although as always Maggie gave a stellar performance. I wouldn't recommend it.

I had really been looking forward to seeing "The Lady in the Van" with Maggie Smith and it wasn't at all what I had hoped for although as always Maggie gave a stellar performance. I wouldn't recommend it.
I wonder how it disappointed you? Perhaps you didn't know much about her life before you saw the film?
I found it interesting but then eccentrics fascinate me.

I wonder how it disappointed you? Perhaps you didn't know much about her life before you saw the film?
I found it interesting but then eccentrics fascinate me.

Since you asked, I didn't say it wasn't interesting, it was also heart wrenching, but I thought it could have been done much better. I thought it was unnecessary and in very poor taste to go through the bathroom habits of this real life poor soul. For one thing, the ending was just bizarre in my view, and it should have ended long before the last scene. The co star of the film with his two visible personalities was chronically annoying all the way through the film. With the exception of the always great performance of Maggie Smith, it wasn't worth my time. Again, that's only my opinion and the only one I'm entitled to. ;)

I just attended an earthquake seminar with with lectures by several FEMA people, a geologist, a fire captain and others. I found out that A) a large earthquake on the San Andreas fault can't produce a tidal wave like that, B) a large eathquake on the Cascadia fault won't produce a tidal wave here like that, but C) a 7.1 on the Seattle fault could cause a tidal wave coming into the Puget Sound 13 feet high.

Guess who lives a block from the water? I'm on the third floor, but as this is an old brick building and we were also told the library (half a block west) and the post office (a block north) would both be destroyed in an earthquake like that, I don't have a lot of high hopes for this building.

So to keep from thinking about that, naturally, I just finished watching Christine. Can you tell I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for movies?

I laughed through most of the movie San Andreas. :ermm::LOL: I lived on the Puget Sound for a couple of years and RR, you're so fortunate....it's beautiful there! :)

Last edited:
I was hoping to see Big Fat Greek Wedding II this week, but won't be able to - unfortunately I procrastinated and this week I have Tyler all afternoon because of parent/teacher conferences and early dismissal. It might still be playing next week and if so, I'll go see it!

I want to see Hello, My Name is Doris with Sally Field. :) I've loved her for years now, and this sounds like a fun, quirky movie to enjoy by myself in the small local theater. It's not playing yet but will be watching for it.
Hello, My Name is DorisÂ*(2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

Last edited:
I laughed through most of the movie San Andreas. :ermm::LOL: I lived on the Puget Sound for a couple of years and RR, you're so fortunate....it's beautiful there! :)

It is pretty here, but I do wish I could afford to go back to California to live. I lived in Northern California for 26 years and I really miss it.

By the way, I answered your question about the sour cream in the dinner thread, in case you see this first.:)

Going The Distance - Initially I wasn't sure whether to stick with it since it was clearly aimed at a much younger audience (some 4 decades younger than myself!) but it was an enjoyable romcom. Unpredictable (hallmark of a good plot), making me laugh in parts and..yes, it WAS romantic in a believable way! Drew Barrymore in a lead role helped to make it engaging too - I like her a lot.

Last edited:
The Last Hurrah with Spencer Tracy. It is a B&W movie from the 50's. A fictionalized version of James Curley. A Boston mayor for four terms and also one for Governor. He was as crooked as one could be. But he did make a difference in this city. He was so loved in this city, that he was re-elected while serving a sentence in Federal Prison for Mail Fraud. When the book was written, Curley tried to sue the author, but lost. He also tried to sue the movie producers and lost that suit also. :angel:

I sat through a very lousy movie last night on Netflix: Echo Park.
The reason I watched it was because I remembered them filming practically this entire movie just around the corner from where I live in Echo Park. I figured it was going to be a bad movie.....but I was just curious what it was about. Rock.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom