What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We saw The Jungle Book yesterday and absolutely loved it.

Only one crying baby in the theater and we passed her around the auditorium to keep her entertained. It was just the employees from the facility, so everyone knew everyone.

It's a very nice theater, clean and well kept.

Not that what I am watching right now is anything special. Star Trek. But. I am seating by the pool in Orlando. Enjoying movie on the huge tv screen. It was only 45 degrees at home. It is around 79 here. The movie seems 19 times better than when I saw it originally. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Last edited by a moderator:
We streamed 'The Revenant' for the past 48 hours. It was a good movie. That said, I had to look away during the bear scene until the bear rolled over on him, then I laughed. Then the scene where he got inside the horse, we'll that was just gross.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the scenery, just loved it, and the music was excellent.

The Revenant was my second favorite movie this year. My absolute favorite was Deadpool. Neither are for the faint of heart.

Jungle Book is next on the list to see!

Princess...how nice to have a place in your workplace where employees and their families can see movies. I smiled at the 'passing the baby around' part. :LOL:

Charlie, have a great time in sunny Florida! :w00t: Glad to hear you're on vacation. :)

As for movies, I haven't watched any worth noting lately...nothing at my local movie theater that I really want to see.

Last night we watched The Russia House, which was an older movie with Sean Connery and Michelle Pfeiffer, along with several other notable actors. We really didn't know much about the film but, based on the cast, anticipated a decent movie. Well...

We did watch it all the way through, but it was about as interesting as watching paint dry. A big disappointment.

Although, I will say, all Sean Connery has to do to entertain me is to recite the alphabet. At least I enjoyed watching him.

Just got back from seeing The Jungle Book in 3D. Beautiful. I do prefer the Disney animated musical version though. The current JB did give a couple nods to Bear Necessities and I Wanna Be Like You.

Lars And The Real Girl

It's a comedy with heart. Funny. A lesson in not judging others. Tolerance for differences. Sweet story. First I saw it and loved it. Then DH and I saw it and he loved it. Then my son and I saw it, we laughed and loved it too. Please see it if you have time. It's on amazon prime right now.

Lars And The Real Girl

It's a comedy with heart. Funny. A lesson in not judging others. Tolerance for differences. Sweet story. First I saw it and loved it. Then DH and I saw it and he loved it. Then my son and I saw it, we laughed and loved it too. Please see it if you have time. It's on amazon prime right now.
I agree, it's a wonderful film. I saw it twice.

Took kids to see Jungle book last night. Kids and wife loved, me not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

For the second and third time, I watched the The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I first saw it when it came out (2011) and yesterday DH promptly fell asleep when the movie started, so I played it over after he woke up.

Also watched Mystic Pizza

Lars And The Real Girl

I agree, it's a wonderful film. I saw it twice.

I just finished watching that movie upon your recommendations because I honestly value them. Please don't be offended by my take on it.

I don't know how to say this tactfully, but for me it was a real stretch to be impressed by this both bizarre and unbelievable story being either inspirational or entertaining. For me, it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, although the acting for the "living" actors was stellar!
Different strokes for different folks as they say.

Last edited:
After nearly being put to sleep by The Russia House, last night we watched Woman in Gold starring Helen Mirren. Very compelling film. We really enjoyed it. It's a "must see" in our book.
I'll second that, Katie. (In fact I think I did, a while back when I saw it at the local cinema).

And I don't like Helen Mirren as a rule.

I just finished watching that movie upon your recommendations because I honestly value them. Please don't be offended by my take on it.

I don't know how to say this tactfully, but for me it was a real stretch to be impressed by this both bizarre and unbelievable story being either inspirational or entertaining. For me, it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, although the acting for the "living" actors was stellar!
I didn't know about this film - Lars and the Real Girl - so I googled it. Suffice to say that the plot line would not have appealed to me so I took it no further, i.e. I knew I would not get engaged with it. Clearly though there is fun to be had in such a story though - just not for me.

Last edited:

Point well taken. My wife felt similarly. But I somewhat expected that from her as we rarely agree liking the same type of movies. :)

Back
Top Bottom