What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today we went to see "The Greatest Showman" and we both really enjoyed it. It felt more like a Broadway musical production rather than a film. It really needs to be seen in a theater. I'd pass on a home screen version.
We are going to see it today, Kayelle!

DH bought us two movies.

The Shack, we really enjoyed it again, on Christmas Eve, then we both wanted to watch it again on Christmas Day Night. Very healing and inspiring. I read the book at the beginning of 2017, then we rented the movie in the middle of the year, and now we have a copy to watch. Watch it if you can. Really Good.

Life, this was not what we expected, terrifying, awful, terrible, sci-fi evil life from another planet. It looked like a 4 or 10 tentacled octopus, with its tentacles flattened in the middle to look like a flower petal. It sucked the life out of humans, not unlike a narcissist. Yuck.

LP, let us know if you enjoy it as much as we did, ok?

It was so nice to see an adult production that's appropriate for children to see also.

Kay, it was fantastic! I am glad we saw it in the theatre. Hugh Jackman can play almost any part.

And I agree, it is nice to see a family style movie.

Saw The greatest showman and Star Wars this past weekend.
:)
Both were great, but let me tell you. Two movies with family in one weekend is a serious damage to my wallet. ;)

I watched A Christmas Carol, as I do every year. I watched it alone, as my Dad can't sit still and watch a movie, and my mom doesn't like, for the same reasons I like it.

I watch it every year because it reminds me to think like Bob Cratchit, although I am more like Scrooge's happy-go-lucky nephew Fred, and like Fred, I worry about the soul of someone I love. I'll leave it at that.

CD

I seem to have missed all the Christmas movies this season. I did watch 50 Shade of Grey on the USA channel, but I have no idea how much they cut. I do know they faded out all the body parts that would offend your average prudish American.

Saw The greatest showman and Star Wars this past weekend.
:)
Both were great, but let me tell you. Two movies with family in one weekend is a serious damage to my wallet. ;)

We went to see Star Wars: The last Jedi in Imax 3D. Loved it!

And you're not kidding. $100 for just the 3 of us with shared small popcorn, nachos, and soda.

My son has a Credit Card or actually I think it is a bank card, but he can build points and then he takes me to a movie.... love it, free for him and me :mrgreen: ... Lol actually costs me more than him because I usually take him for supper after!

Usually it is the second time he's seen whichever movie it is so a double bonus for him.

I looked for Victoria and Abdul, it's not on Netflix and I'm not going to PPV. Guess I'll just wait.

We caught that at our local theater on $6 Tuesday.. Excellent movie.. :)

Went to a fave restaurant afterwards for dessert... The dessert cost more than the movie.... :ermm:

Ross

Yesterday, it was brutally cold so I went and saw "The Shape of Water." I think the theater was almost as cold as being outdoors. :glare:

I generally like Guillermo Del Toro's work, especially the dark monster movies like "Pan's Labrynth" and this one. One recurring theme in his films is that some of the people are far worse monsters than the actual creatures. In my opinion, "The Shape of Water" is a really well made movie, although I thought it was a little more violent in spots than it needed to be. It definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat, though.

On Netflix streaming I watched a French movie called The Climb. A French-African man with no climbing experience attempts to summit Mt Everest. A very interesting story of romance and what a man is willing to do. I liked it.

I watched the Ottoman Lieutenant last night. It was good, not riveting but the scenery and backgrounds where wonderful - lots of airial shots.

Thanks JoAnn. :) My village doesn't have a film library... I'm not even sure they have English books, never been in it - they are only open on certain days at certain hours - not too sure where it is - did I mention I live near a very small village? :rolleyes:

I just finished watching a most amazing Netflix documentary about the history of rock climbing in Yosemite. It starts around the time I first visited there, and all the excitement of the first climbs of both Half Dome and El Capitian. Even if you have no interest in rock climbing, this is nearly two hours of pure entertainment with unbelievable footage, told by the climbers of the last 50 years. Whatatrip!
Roadfix....if you haven't seen this, don't miss it!

Valley Uprising..

Last edited:
I just finished watching a most amazing Netflix documentary about the history of rock climbing in Yosemite. It starts around the time I first visited there, and all the excitement of the first climbs of both Half Dome and El Capitian. Even if you have no interest in rock climbing, this is nearly two hours of pure entertainment with unbelievable footage, told by the climbers of the last 50 years. Whatatrip!
Roadfix....if you haven't seen this, don't miss it!

Valley Uprising..

Thanks, I’ll look for it tonight .... The title sounds familiar though, I might have seen it already....

Justice league, saw it today with our 19 year old daughter for her birthday. It was better than star wars.

Back
Top Bottom