What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. It was nothing like what I expected after watching the trailer for the movie.

Wow, very intense, and lots of twists. No clear-cut villains or heroes among the characters. Just people who are a mixtuture of both. The ending was perfect, IMO, but definitely not your typical Hollywood ending.

CD

We watched a wonderfully uplifting family movie with the grand kids at home last night.
'WONDER' was about an elementary school boy with a facial deformity, his struggles, and his mother played by Julia Roberts.

Believe it or not, I saw "Peter Rabbit" over the weekend. It was actually a fun flick.

And this speaks NOT to your choice of younger dates, and NOT to your choice of taking your date's kids to the movies. Instead it speaks to your (and mine) and everyone's relative envy of Larry's yearly garden.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I saw the movie MOTHER's DAY, it was good, lots of kinds of moms.

Thanks guys! I have Peter Rabbit and Wonder now on my list to watch for.

I don't like to see a movie until I've heard from someone else - but they both interested me. I've rarely been disappointed by someone else's review. In one case a friend gave me a horrid review on a movie - but knowing her tastes I knew I would love it... and I did!

We also watched Dunkirk the other night. I didn't care for it. In fact I thought it was pretty bad. I never got the sense of the enormity or the scope of the rescue operation from watching this movie at all. All I saw were a few hundred men being rescued by a dozen fishing boats. Over 300,000 soldiers were rescued over a 10 day period from that stretch of beach. I didn't see that in the movie.

We also watched Dunkirk the other night. I didn't care for it. In fact I thought it was pretty bad. I never got the sense of the enormity or the scope of the rescue operation from watching this movie at all. All I saw were a few hundred men being rescued by a dozen fishing boats. Over 300,000 soldiers were rescued over a 10 day period from that stretch of beach. I didn't see that in the movie.

We saw it on the big screen when it first came out, and we both felt exactly the same way as you. It was a dang poor excuse for telling a remarkable story. It could have been sooooooo much better.

We felt the same way about The Darkest Hour.

I just watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. It was nothing like what I expected after watching the trailer for the movie.

Wow, very intense, and lots of twists. No clear-cut villains or heroes among the characters. Just people who are a mixtuture of both. The ending was perfect, IMO, but definitely not your typical Hollywood ending.

CD

I might see that just on your recommendation Casey, if I can just get by the fact it stars Francis McDormand, who also stared in Fargo, the worst Oscar movie I ever saw. :wacko:

I started watching a documentary series on Netflix called DIRTY MONEY. The first two episodes have been fascinating so far. I’m watching the third episode tonight.
The first had to do with Volkswagen’s diesel emissions fiasco and the second one was about the guy who was behind the pay day loan outlets across the nation that went to prison for the company’s unethical practices.

I might see that just on your recommendation Casey, if I can just get by the fact it stars Francis McDormand, who also stared in Fargo, the worst Oscar movie I ever saw. :wacko:

Oh, there is a more than average amount of profanity, just FYI.

CD

I started watching a documentary series on Netflix called DIRTY MONEY. The first two episodes have been fascinating so far. I’m watching the third episode tonight.
The first had to do with Volkswagen’s diesel emissions fiasco and the second one was about the guy who was behind the pay day loan outlets across the nation that went to prison for the company’s unethical practices.

Only one guy? They all belong behind bars, IMO. :glare:

CD

CD

We saw it today Casey. Really hated the ending though. The performances were Oscar worthy to be sure. Thanks for the profanity warning although I'm no prude and have heard most everything, some words just should never be spoken. Distracting to be sure.
Very interesting movie however, and because Hollywood is actually Hollyweird, :wacko: it will do quite well at the Oscars.
Glad we saw it though, and still talking about it.

Last edited:
I just watched a dvd, it's called, Score: A Film Music Documentary. It's about the composing of music for films. Very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom