What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a kid I remember watching Silver Dream Rider, and the other day i stumbled on it. I did not like it as much as I liked it the first time.
hen I saw Equalizer 2, I never sen the first one, but this one was OK I guess.
Then there was this stinker to put it politely: Sicario. Day of the Soldado. Oh, my, I have seen lousy movies, this takes the prize.

I'm looking forward to this one...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rocketman_2019

ROCKETMAN is an epic musical fantasy about the incredible human story of Elton John's breakthrough years. The film follows the fantastical journey of transformation from shy piano prodigy Reginald Dwight into international superstar Elton John. This inspirational story -- set to Elton John's most beloved songs and performed by star Taron Egerton -- tells the universally relatable story of how a small-town boy became one of the most iconic figures in pop culture. ROCKETMAN also stars Jamie Bell as Elton's longtime lyricist and writing partner Bernie Taupin, Richard Madden as Elton's first manager, John Reid, and Bryce Dallas Howard as Elton's mother Sheila Farebrother.

Last night on ESPN they finally aired the very good documentary "Qualified" which is about the first lady to qualify for the Indy 500 Janet Guthrie.

They discussed her pre racing career, but spent most of the time on her racing career and all her struggles to find sponsorship and all of her troubles just to qualify for the event.

I thought it was well produced and nicely paced. I say it is worth a watch.

During the ESPN airing of that documentary they did a trailer for the next documentary called "The good, The bad, The Hungry."

If you are looking for a long form FOOD BASED documentary on one of the greatest sports feuds of all time between Kobayashi from Japan and American Joey "Jaws" Chestnut at the most important contest of year for the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest held on July 4th in Coney Island this documentary is for you.

The last movie I saw was the kid friendly animated movie Boss Baby. I thought it was fun for what it was. Nothing too special. Some good jokes in it.

Not much to do today, so I rewatched for the umpteenth time one of my favorite movies -- full volume, DTS audio. Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery. Soundtrack by Queen. Not a box office bonanza, but it spawned multiple sequels and even a TV series (that was not up to the movies). If you have not seen it, watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw

CD

I'm looking forward to this one...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rocketman_2019

ROCKETMAN is an epic musical fantasy about the incredible human story of Elton John's breakthrough years. The film follows the fantastical journey of transformation from shy piano prodigy Reginald Dwight into international superstar Elton John. This inspirational story -- set to Elton John's most beloved songs and performed by star Taron Egerton -- tells the universally relatable story of how a small-town boy became one of the most iconic figures in pop culture. ROCKETMAN also stars Jamie Bell as Elton's longtime lyricist and writing partner Bernie Taupin, Richard Madden as Elton's first manager, John Reid, and Bryce Dallas Howard as Elton's mother Sheila Farebrother.

I saw Rocketman at the matinee today, and WOW :ohmy:, what a fantastic musical! Usually musicals are not my first choice, but this one was amazing. The choreography and scores of dancers that accompanied Elton John's hit songs were so high energy and brilliantly done.

Taron Egerton played Elton so realistically, and sang all the songs himself. (I had never heard of him before.) I see an Oscar in his future for his performance. It starts out with Elton leaving one of his own concerts to check himself into rehab and flashbacks to earlier days of his dysfunctional family as a very gifted child, his rise to fame, his struggle with inner demons, and overcoming them.

Excellent film!

Last edited:
I saw Rocketman at the matinee today, and WOW :ohmy:, what a fantastic musical! Usually musicals are not my first choice, but this one was amazing. The choreography and scores of dancers that accompanied Elton John's hit songs were so high energy and brilliantly done.

Taron Egerton played Elton so realistically, and sang all the songs himself. (I had never heard of him before.) I see an Oscar in his future for his performance. It starts out with Elton leaving one of his own concerts to check himself into rehab and flashbacks to earlier days of his dysfunctional family as a very gifted child, his rise to fame, his struggle with inner demons, and overcoming them.

Excellent film!

Thanks for the great report Cheryl. Both the SC and I can't wait to see it.

I just watched The Upside, starring Bryan Cranston and Kevin Hart.

Kevin Hart generally goes over the top. Not one of my favorite actors. But, he did it right on this one. And, Bryan Cranston is top shelf all the time. Watch it. You will be glad you did. A real "feel good"movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt1EEV-Szu4

CD

I also loved The Upside Casey. Too bad it hasn't gotten the credit it deserves.

I knew next to nothing about Kevin Heart but I became an instant fan because of this film. Cranston, well he's terrific in most everything. It's just durn good entertainment.

I also loved The Upside Casey. Too bad it hasn't gotten the credit it deserves.

I knew next to nothing about Kevin Heart but I became an instant fan because of this film. Cranston, well he's terrific in most everything. It's just durn good entertainment.

Kevin Hart tends to go over the top. He dialed it back on this one.

I could really feel Bryan Cranston's role in this movie. I was really glad to see Kevin Hart find himself in this movie.

CD

Thanks for the great report Cheryl. Both the SC and I can't wait to see it.

You're welcome! I hope you like it...IMO the acting was top notch. There were definitely some dark scenes, but that was the reality of Elton's life.

Searching Netflix for Clint Eastwood movies, I found this documentary..

Sad Hill Unearthed

"Film fans restore the set of the climatic graveyard scene from the iconic spaghetti western "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."

Initial release: October 19, 2018 (Spain)
Director: Guillermo De Oliveira
Screenplay: Guillermo De Oliveira
Nominations: Goya Award for Best Documentary Film
Producers: Guillermo De Oliveira, Luisa Cowell

James Hetfield of Metallica fame talks about his enjoyment of the original movie..

Other fans might enjoy this as we did..

Ross

We saw Rocketman yesterday. There were sure some scenes I could have done without, but on a whole it was a really entertaining movie. I could hardly sit still with the terrific music and dancing. I'm so glad Elton's life is so worth living for him now.

We saw Rocketman yesterday. There were sure some scenes I could have done without, but on a whole it was a really entertaining movie. I could hardly sit still with the terrific music and dancing. I'm so glad Elton's life is so worth living for him now.

Completely agree with you there, Kay. There was nothing sugar coated in this movie, that's for sure. The music and dancing really drew me in as well. The little guys who played Elton as a child were superb little actors!

I'm also really happy for Elton - he conquered his demons and has been clean and sober for decades, and happily married with children.

Mean Girls

I had never seen Mean Girls until I was inspired to watch it this afternoon. It was funnier than I expected. Especially the first hour when Mean was unapologetically shown in all its glory. The last half-hour gets kind of kumbaya-ish and everybody lives kinder and wiser ever after. That part isn't as realistic or as much fun but it still has its moments.

They've been advertising "The Life of Pets II" lately, which made us realize we never saw "I". Watched it last night. It had funny parts, it was cute, but the bunny was over the top. Glad to read that the sequel has turned down the nasty volume for that character. The one author of the one preview I read said that he liked the sequel better than the original. We'll see that one...probably 2-3 years after it's been released to DVD. :LOL: We aren't exactly current with movies.

My daughter took me to see "Mama Mia". So you can see I am not much of a movie watcher.

But the one movie I watch with interest was the one with Yul Brenner about seven men who went to a Mexican village to defend it. I was in California visiting some friends. The wife took a nap and her husband and I watched the whole movie together. I had seen it before, but this time it was special. No kids to interrupt or anyone to talk to except her husband.

I later heard him telling his wife what good company I was when watching a movie. No one to interrupt him. His wife knew what he meant. She started to give out a good laugh.

About a year later, his wife wanted to know if I was going to visit again. Her husband wanted to watch a movie without interruptions. We both laughed at that one. Unfortunately there were no travel plans in my future.

Back
Top Bottom